Thread: Ultimate LivePro controller?

Default Ultimate LivePro controller?

Assignable faders, programmable touchscreen (backlit) to toggle any control or parameter, assignable knobs, and one bad ass looking design. This is no toy, I played with this @ AES a few months back. The only thing that sucks is the $1,700 price
    http://www.euphonix.com/artist/products/mc_control/

This is what you sent me right??

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

I need more faders than that... And i like to feel the buttons, don't like the need to watch a screen

Damn good!!! But yes too bad there's only 4 faders

The ultimate thing would to install a remote desktop on it and display the cue part of Livepro on the touchscreen

BTW, I just looked and I can have it for about 1260$ here http://www.houseofsound.ch/index.php...1,de,0,0,0,0,0

looks expensive... I just use a novation remote zero... works great

and working on getting a launchpad working for the cue's

you can buy both for about $300 total

heres my corner last laser show I did at the Miami Museum of Science Planetarium

Last edited by flecom; 01-05-2011 at 11:57.

Are you sure the Launchpad will work with Livepro? I think to buy it since it was released, but still not sure it can generate the right note for Livepro...

Also, I'm considering the iPad (or any pad) way That would be the best way, to me, when we see exactly on what we are clicking!

it does work if you use novation automap (free version is fine) it lets you map buttons to MIDI notes... problem is I can't figure out how to turn MIDI notes into selecting frames in livepro... the pay version of novation automap lets you map to key presses though so thats alway an option :\

/edit: it appears that since I own a novation launchpad AND a novation controller (the remote zero) I get a free copy of automap pro woohoo
    Last edited by flecom; 01-06-2011 at 07:46.

Normally an ableton cue grid sends out knob 1 to a note at midi channel 1, knob 2 to similar note to midi channel2, knob 3 similar midi note midi channel 3, etc etc.

The problem is livepro only can work with one midi channel, so by default only the first knob works from each row.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    Normally an ableton cue grid sends out knob 1 to a note at midi channel 1, knob 2 to similar note to midi channel2, knob 3 similar midi note midi channel 3, etc etc.

The problem is livepro only can work with one midi channel, so by default only the first knob works from each row.
    dunno, I had no issues sending commands to livepro from whatever button using automap... automap lets you assign buttons to whatever note you want... also lets you do momentary/toggle etc