Thread: Have I been a right Arse !

Unhappy Have I been a right Arse !

This is my first post so be gentle,,,,,,

Purchased 3 Modules From Snoctony in December, took a month to deliver and took me a while to set things up to test properly,

1w x 455nm outputs just over 1 watt, 1w x 650nm outputs just over 1 watt, 1 x 500mw 532 and it outputs just over 700mw, the beam specs are not brilliant but ok for me to play with. all ordered as analog

Now I have them all set up with my LW50' glavos and an FB3, here is where my problems start.

Green is TTL (should have been analog)
    Red and blue will not operate with analog signal

Conversing by email with Snoctony is nigh impossible, althought he admits he has sent the wrong 532 he now wants more dosh for an analog version, and i have tested the red and blue till my brain hurts, Snoctony says all is ok.

Think i'm being white washed.....

A friend lent me his San Wax Gem board (Handy bit of kit) to test the red and blue, my scope says all the wiring is correct, but I cant work out whether I am the one that is doing something wrong or the red and blue although having an analog connector is actually only TTL (which is operating) !.

So this is where i need some help,

Have i been a right arse, and actually been duped, or is Snoctony a decent chap and will sort things out?

How I have tested the Modules,

Both Modules have +12v and 0V for power, + and - for TTL and + - for Analog

With only 12v Power all is good

TTL Test : using stan wax gem board @ 0v -2.2v modules do not emit, @ 2.2 modules emit, no intensity change up to 5v

Analog Test : using stan wax gem board @ 0 v the modules emits around 95% or power, @ 0.5v ~ 5v the modules emits full power.

Am i missing something very stupid, as both modules are operating in the same way, the 0v on the power is connected to the - on the TTL and on the Analog so no mix up on the input side,

Flummoxed

Can anyone suggest any other testing that i can do, or do i now have a TTL rig rather than an Analog.

Lightbulb

I am sure others will give you a few testing processes, but I would tell the seller you want a refund on all three. If you do not like his response to that, start the charge back process and see what he says after he gets that email.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hiya Bryan

Welcome fellow Scotsman , sorry im not sure of testing processes, but i can concur retailers dont like chargebacks as it costs them extra money and gets them a bad rep with their merchant status , so it can concentrate AKA IMPROVE customer service if mr tony has been busy or tired etc.

You should also maybe email him a copy of this thread as im sure hes a member here.

Difficulty is if you do end up with a full refund you might not be able to get replacement units at such a good price

You do know you have entered a MONEY PIT !

Paul

PS- try and come to UKLEM in early april !
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Default Thanks all,

Chargeback, think i have been strung along here now, so now over the 45 day period for chargeback !, I have asked for Refund so will wait for a reply from that.

Have 120 Days to get onto Visa though might be able to do something there, will see what it brings, Even with the quality of beams no being brilliant, 2.7w for under 1k was'nt to bad, shame they all look like they are TTL.

Quite agree LaserMad, money pit,

Sorry UKLEM must pass by this year again, will be on holiday, this is a Wife balance, holiday - Laser - Laser - holiday, you know how it goes.

Anyone with views on testing the blue and red ?