Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: small alluminium plate

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,066

    Default small alluminium plate

    Since i get new galvo's soon, and the board beneath the galvos are impossible to seperate from each other, i need a new broadplate. same dimensions please, or close to it. it needs to fit in.
    this is what i mean with the broadplate:
    http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8864/broadplate.jpg
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SoCal / San Salvador / NY
    Posts
    4,019

    Lightbulb

    Hey borg...

    This stuff (the 6061) is the shizz... http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php/13267-SAVE-THE-WHALES!...-(jk...-)-N%FC-Goodies-4-Sale...?p=176875#post176875

    ...yes, we do have lots of smaller pieces - your 'galvo base' there looks to be about 3"... err, 75mm x 75mm-ish, yes? Lemme know...
    tho shipping to Netherwerld will prolly run ya about $20-30., even for that-small a package... So...

    Anyhoo, even if you just check-with Kats over yonder, that stuff is the 'best'.. (IMHO...

    cheers...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey borg...

    This stuff (the 6061) is the shizz... http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php/13267-SAVE-THE-WHALES!...-(jk...-)-N%FC-Goodies-4-Sale...?p=176875#post176875

    ...yes, we do have lots of smaller pieces - your 'galvo base' there looks to be about 3"... err, 75mm x 75mm-ish, yes? Lemme know...
    tho shipping to Netherwerld will prolly run ya about $20-30., even for that-small a package... So...

    Anyhoo, even if you just check-with Kats over yonder, that stuff is the 'best'.. (IMHO...

    cheers...
    j
    Yeh thats alot of money just for a plate
    If someone from nl has one il probaly take that. Else il probaly buy from you.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sliedrecht, Netherlands
    Posts
    332

    Default

    hey borgqueenx,

    l see you are located in the netherlands.
    this is a good website for aluminium parts
    www.aluminiumopmaat.nl

    altough the shipping is on the high side they are very fast

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laserwinkel View Post
    hey borgqueenx,

    l see you are located in the netherlands.
    this is a good website for aluminium parts
    www.aluminiumopmaat.nl

    altough the shipping is on the high side they are very fast
    Hey thanks what plate can you recommend?
    What would the price be?(about, not exact)

    Thanks!
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sliedrecht, Netherlands
    Posts
    332

    Default

    depends on how much size you need in your projector.
    for a 3-5 Watt laser i am building i have a plate of 600 mm by 300 mm and 8 mm thick

    prices are calculated automaticly on the website when you fill in the measurements.
    i always use "vlakke platen" http://www.aluminiumopmaat.nl/alumin...um-platen.html

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Do you need a whole baseplate, or just a small 75x75mm piece for under the galvo block ?
    Let me know, i always go to the scrapyard were i have taken a lot of plate material.
    5 mm thick, 8mm, 10mmm...

    So how big, thick and so on do you need ? I might have something lying around (you can file, saw and drill it to size at my place...)

    But a solid baseplate what Laserwinkel said is always a good idea.

    Michel Rietveld also just bought a nice flat plate, somewhere in Rotterdam, might be interesting to compare places ?
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    Do you need a whole baseplate, or just a small 75x75mm piece for under the galvo block ?
    Let me know, i always go to the scrapyard were i have taken a lot of plate material.
    5 mm thick, 8mm, 10mmm...

    So how big, thick and so on do you need ? I might have something lying around (you can file, saw and drill it to size at my place...)

    But a solid baseplate what Laserwinkel said is always a good idea.

    Michel Rietveld also just bought a nice flat plate, somewhere in Rotterdam, might be interesting to compare places ?
    yes about 75*75 and about 10mm thick. (although it seems more like 2x5mm thick, 2 plates attached on each other)
    do you have one?
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Will take a look tomorrow, 10mm no, but maybe 5mm yes.
    Else i can drive to the scrapyard again on monday to see if they have some stuff lying around (it's usually 4-5 euro per kilo).
    It could be handy to have some extra aluminium plates for the LEM.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •