6 30.00%
  • February 18-20

3 15.00%
  • December 22, 2012

2 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: SoCaLEM 2011 Sign-Up Thread

Let's see if we can motivate a few more to commit and then pay.

I have a few things here to offer as incentive.

Check out this post

Peace,
    dave
    Last edited by daguin; 01-21-2011 at 21:55. Reason: organizer request

i actually didn't nkow you guys were already accepting payment for this.. let me know where and how much to pay to.. i can only visit on saturday (and probably only part of the day) as i'm just in town at the tail end of a road trip (i'm usually in nyc but this cold weather is makign me miss cali

JAFO

Peace,
    dave
    Last edited by daguin; 01-21-2011 at 21:56. Reason: Cleaning out "noise"

I'm down for just a Fri/Sat LEM.
    - instinct

Lightbulb

Hey Dude -

Quote Originally Posted by cynikal View Post
    i actually didn't nkow you guys were already accepting payment for this.. let me know where and how much to pay to..
    Will-do - Stay-tuned to this Thread - Need to get as 'final a count' as-possible, before setting the 'final budget' and getting the 'kitty- going... Still waiting on quite a few peeps in the 'maybe' category... I mean, sure, I could say - right now - $100. per Confirmed-Attendee, (to cover just Fri/Sat) but since once peeps-submit, there's really
    no 'refunds' (typically, any LEM 'overages' (someone cancels, after paying-in, etc) get donated to Spec / PL.... Otherwise, it gets too 'nutz', dig? - it will really-be to everyones' benefit to set the 'final budget' / Per-LEMer-share, once we (hopefully) get more Definites / Confirmeds...

So, I wanna make sure we are setting the Budget as 'fairly' as possible, WHICH IS WHY WE REALLY NEED THE MAYBES TO BECOME YESSES, PEOPLE!!!!!
    No, I did *not* just yell at everyone...

Stay Tuned...
    ---

Hey Sir Dave...

Quote Originally Posted by daguin View Post
    ...I dislike the idea of this falling apart at this late date. Let's see if we can motivate a few more to commit and then pay.

I have a few things here to offer as incentive....
    Yeah, I don't think it's gonna 'fall apart', since we have at-least 10-12 'locals' that can 'cover' Fri/Sat at the place... and again, 'worst-case', we go to 'our place', small / dank / dusty as it is... (jk) for Sunday, But I am in talks with some of the 'heavy-hitters', $$-wise, here, and we're gonna see #1, if I can get the place to go-down to $1800. for Fri/Sat/Sun, and #2, if can all 'rally' to cover it... But in any-case, really, the more the merrier... I'd love it if we had 50 peeps, and *not* for 'the $$-sake'...

Thanks, too for the 'offer', and, not to be a 'goosestepping thread-nazi' but if you wouldn't mind, please edit your post and simply make a BOLD REFERENCE or similar-equivalent, linking-to your offer', posted, here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...lem-2011/page5 ... I just really wanna try and keep this thread 'focused' on Sign-Ups and Venue / Budget updates, etc, cause if there starts being too much 'noise' about other stuff / chit-chat / fund-raising-efforts (as much-appreciated as they are.. , etc, then people start 'not paying-attention' to the thread and 'calls for action' / new-info, etc... Is that cool? Thx...

Anyhoo, will update, asap, with 'progress'...
    ciao
    J
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 01-21-2011 at 17:12.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

i think i'm a def for the saturday (seeing as how my tickets are all purchased).. i'll be back on a place or in nyc so i can't check out sunday (and i am probably gonna catch the latter part of saturday at that as i have a few other things i need to get done also).. i unfortunately can't make it friday as i'll still be driving down i believe.. getting excited for this

on another note, i think you should go see guy in person and tell him to honor the original agreement and if needed, pull up your phone call log and bring it with you and tell him you guys had a verbal agreement.. in person is probably a less easier for him to hide behind a phone and give you the run around.. just my two cents, i hate when people try to rip others off like this :-\

Laser Warning T-14... Update....

i think i'm a def for the saturday (seeing as how my tickets are all purchased)..
    Well, you've hereby been 'Upgraded to Confirmed'...

on another note, i think you should go see guy in person and tell him to honor the original agreement...i hate when people try to rip others off like this...
    Yeah, again, I honestly-don't think he was trying to pull a 'fast-one', I think he's just truly an 'aloof', 'Yeah, yeah, sure, everything's fine, it's ok' but he didn't actually hear a word you said... kinda-guy.... In this case, he never actually replied to my email, but said "yes I got it, it's OK", so I concluded (logically) that since he had READ the email and was, therefore, 'ok' with the proposed-pricing... but, then in person, nite-before last, he was all, like 'Whaat?' - Anyhoo, water under...

UPDATE:
    I *just* spoke to him on the phone, and asked-him *directly*, "...can you accept $1800. for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, if we're out of there, on Sunday, 'early', by like 9pm, vs 12-1am, as-with Sat.?" and he said "Yes, I can do that for you....", so I asked him to please, 'put that in writing / contract / whatever, and send me an email', and he said he would... And I will go-down there, again - in-person - and make 4x-sure, there are no more 'misunderstandings', etc...

THEREFORE - this means that our 'original budget' of $1300. is-now $1800. + something-in for 'community-snax', etc, for the Fri / Sat / Sun combo at Metronome...
    I will endeavour to find us a 'sponsor' / talk to the 'elders of the tribe', etc, to see if we can, collectively, cover the 'extra $500.' -

HOWEVER - even-if we 'cover' that overage, we STILL NEED MORE LEMmers... ie: currently, we have 12 'Confirmeds' (I'm paying for 3 peeps) so, $1300. ÷ 12 =
    Still
    too-much to ask per-person, imo...

...SO COME ON BROTHERS AND SISTERS!! Let's 'put some Shrrrimp on th' Bahbie', here! Break-out those piggy-banks and sock-rolls and let's get this party-started!! Those 401K's will never be any-good, anyway...

Again, 'worst-case' we do Fri / Sat at Metronome, and Sun at our 'laserdungeon' in VNYs...

peas...
    j

Jon I can cover the additional 500.00 the venue owner is asking for. I might be able to pitch in a bit more when the dust settles to help cover this. Also sorry about me absence as of late. Dealing with a work overload and some family issues as well. It's all positive for the most part. Gotta run.

Ivan

Lightbulb

Yo Dude...

Quote Originally Posted by ArcDevilz View Post
    Jon I can cover the additional 500.00 the venue owner is asking for. I might be able to pitch in a bit more when the dust settles to help cover this.
    Well that is most-kind of you, Sir, but I don't want that selection of this place - as nice as it will be for everybody - ends-up 'landing-hard' on any-one person, etc -
    So, let's *chat*...

Outside of this, I was thinking that, seeing as how it seems like quite a few peeps are struggling just to keep the head above water (...and, lemme know who *isn't*, these-days, we'll hit em up for some cashe... ) ...So I think the best thing to do is KISS. Not as-in 'Beso', but as-in 'Keep It Simple, Stupid'!

So, Let's do this: Let's just set the Per-LEMmer cost at $75. each, + whatever each wants to bring for pitchin-in for Dinner Fri, depending on what we all decide (all go-out, somewhere or 'order-in', etc, TBD...) and, depending on how-many actually pay-in, we 'get what we get', Venue-wise... No need for this to be a 'burden' for anyone - or everyone...

What this 'gets us', is with the 12 'Confirmeds', thus-far, is a 'solid' Fri and Sat-nite, at Metronome (~$1K) and You and I / anyone else, can chat about anything more (for snax, etc) - Then, for those that can / want to stay for Sun, we go to our shop in VNYs, and...'make it work'. You'll be surprised at how much 'sin' a well-made 5-Gallon bucket of Margaritas will cover...

Now, IF, IF, we end-up getting 15, 18, 20 peeps, it will certainly be much less of a 'stretch' to cover Sun at the Metro - heck, if ALL those 'Pendings' do-become CONFIRMEDS, (~25-Total LEMmers) well-then, even at the 'reasonable cost' of $75. each, we've covered the Metronome Fri / Sat & Sun, and still have a bit left for Seņora Tequila...
    and nobody needs to get 'buried' to do it, sound good?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcDevilz View Post
    Also sorry about me absence as of late.
    No need for apologies, Man... Family First, always...

Uh, 'LEMme know'... (sorry, that was bad...
    ciao
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 01-22-2011 at 09:14. Reason: sp

I live about an hour away, so I am planning to come for a day trip Saturday. Likewise, I would prefer the fri/sat plan over the 3 nighter, but I can pay either.

I would love to see some of the big ion lasers if you are willing to run them!

Also, I have a few 'somewhat interested' members from the local IEEE chapter on campus, would it be possible to bring a few observer friends along at a reduced rate? they know general laser safety of course.