Thread: cant get my projector to work

Default cant get my projector to work

So basicly i put together my projector,
    when i put mains power to the thing the PSU lights up and the galvos move to position.

My DAC is the Audiolase and i installed the driver for it,
    I set the soundcard to the defult but when i hover my mouse over it it says "device software not installed"
    the first time i installed the software and ran a lissajous program with a Circle as he projected image it worked fine. then i turned the program of then turned the projector off.
    when i went back to turn it on i cant get it to do anything so whatever i did has now possible broken my projector? or have i done something wrong?
    cheers

i don't think projectors break so easily. but i have no experience with audiolase sound cards

the aim of this post is to calm you down and urge you to re-examine things calmly and provide more info

so, psu lights up, galvo's move but no lasing happens

maybe an interlock is tripped? the psu feedingthe lasers doing its own little thing?
    "its called character briggs..."

Whats interlock?
    Aparantly its not working because my OS is Windows 7 and the soundcard driver is for Xp,
    so i sold the audiolase and bought the RIYA lite from Dr lava,
    i am proud of myself for forking out more money for this DAC and it will last longer and give me better quality shows
    cheers

an interlock is ... nothing to worry about at this point
    in general, it is a safety circuit within the premises of the laser's psu. it involves a switch/switches/sensors that can be operated manually or automatically to prevent accidental/unwanted laser emmision

you got a riya.. now i am envious hope i can make it soon, too

i had no lasers hooked up tohe projector at this time anyway, it was a galvo test.
    my aixiz 50mW is still in the mail somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by TTerbo View Post
    the first time i installed the software and ran a lissajous program with a Circle as he projected image it worked fine. then i turned the program of then turned the projector off.
    sorry, i didn't quite catch that the projected image was never actually projected

i had a 15mW greenie pointed at the galvos, it projected an image the first time then when i turned it off and tried again it didnt work