Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photos of other USB 7.1 (6) Channel Sound Card CM6202

Default Photos of other USB 7.1 (6) Channel Sound Card CM6202

Greetings all!

New member, first post, but longtime laser enthusiast! With the availability of really cheap galvos and laser diodes, I thought now would be a great time to start working on an XY scanner. I grew up in Florida and I have had the privilege of watching some very incredible laser light shows (from Disney, Cypress Gardens etc.). I have always had a fascination with lasers and have owned quite a few in my life, but never have I really devoted any significant portion of my time to them. (Until now!)

So, to get started, I purchased a SpaceLas PT-30K galvo set, FlexMod P3, Laserboy Correction Amp, USB 6 channel sound card, and 4 pairs of laser safety glasses (safety first!). So far, (not including the safety glasses) I've only spent about $349! I have not purchased a laser diode yet, as I was hoping to get some suggestions. I'm considering the 445nm blue due to the availability and price.

In regards to a sound card DAC, I found a similar USB sound card to the DealExtreme one that most folks are using here. I couldn't find any posts reviewing this card, so I thought I'd share it with everyone. This one is designed slightly differently (heck, might even be the same company), but before purchasing I dissected the downloadable drivers to determine that it too uses the CM6206 chipset. The reason I went with this card instead of DealExtreme was that it ships from NYC and got to me within 4 business days, DealExtreme says they could take 2-4 weeks!

I don't know if any of you guys have taken a look at this card, but I have attached some high resolution photos so you can see the layout. I already installed it under Windows 7 and it works with the exact same drivers that y'all are using for the DX card. I popped in the Fifth Element and moved a pair of headphones from channel to channel, verifying that all 6 channels were independently being addressed.

Does anyone have any concerns with this card? Otherwise if it works, it might enable folks to get it faster for the same price as DX (I paid $17 shipped).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1791.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	22816Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1796.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	22819Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1787.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	22817Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1786.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	204.0 KB 
ID:	22815Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1782.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	22818Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1784.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	222.8 KB 
ID:	22820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1783.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	22814

Purchased from here for $16.99 shipped: http://stores.ebay.com/hipc

Later all!
    Oryx

Welcome Oryx

Always nice to have more enthousiastic people coming on board.

If your interested in a high quility tec cooled blue module i have these for sale. Here the link in the buy and sale section:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...cluding-driver
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080965.JPG  

P1080892.JPG  

P1080905.JPG  

P1080909.JPG  

P1080897.JPG  

I am curious to know if it requires special drivers to be installed to have 7.1 output or if it will work out of the box with Windows drivers. I would guess that it would have 2 channel audio without installing additional drivers but my question is to know if it has 7.1 output.

Greetz Ortx,

I started with a Laserboy too. Great way to go. I used the exact sound card from dealextreme that was recommend, though I remember some folks had tried a 7.1 card. It will probably work but who know. Good luck and report back your finding.

Mike

Doh! Well, I just got word that the Laser Boy Correction Amp is no longer available. Guess I need to look for something else, or build it myself.

From here: http://hacylon.case.edu/ebay/laser_d...ection_Amp.php ?

I just bought the Bare PCB for $17 about a week ago with no problems.

Hi all

Im curious, I just see six channels in the pics. (5.1) Six caps to wire from. not eight.
    I finish a eight channel with DrLava PCB. and work perfect.
    Is a Sabrent 7.1 with own drivers. (I just change one resistor value from each channel to work with this SC.)

There are plenty info here for this,
    If some one want the links, I look for it, and post it.

Cheers,
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by djpsych View Post
    From here: http://hacylon.case.edu/ebay/laser_d...ection_Amp.php ?
    I just bought the Bare PCB for $17 about a week ago with no problems.
    Yup, that's the page. However, I tried to order the entire kit and I got a message from the seller saying it's no longer available and I received a refund.

Perhaps he just ran out, or he doesn't have all of the components to complete the kit? I wouldn't mind buying the PCB and ordering the components separately as long as the small quantity of parts does not equal a huge expense. Where did you end up ordering your parts from and can you tell me the cost?

Thanks,
    Oryx

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I am curious to know if it requires special drivers to be installed to have 7.1 output or if it will work out of the box with Windows drivers. I would guess that it would have 2 channel audio without installing additional drivers but my question is to know if it has 7.1 output.
    The C-Media chips implement USB audio device class interface, which is why they are supported by the generic Windows USB audio device class driver. The generic Windows USB audio device class driver supports all configurations including 7.1.

Quote Originally Posted by weartronics View Post
    The C-Media chips implement USB audio device class interface, which is why they are supported by the generic Windows USB audio device class driver. The generic Windows USB audio device class driver supports all configurations including 7.1.
    I have a CM106 based USB soundcard that appears in Windows as a 7.1 channel device but only the front left and right channels will omit sound unless I use the manufacturers drivers. I am pretty sure others have experienced the same.