Thread: TriangleLights 150mW Green module

Default TriangleLights 150mW Green module

Just ordered one of these:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/150MW-Green-Verd...-/390261017047

TTL is fine for now - just getting started building my projector, and all I have so far is a set of PT-30K galvos, and a DMX controller... Not going for ILDA yet

But...

Has anyone tried converting one of these to analog modulation?

"Analog" versions were sold at a point, but they were pwm, and not true analog.

How does it behave with a die4drive/flexmod?

Another possibility would be reverse engineering the original driver, and add analog control to it - much more time consuming, but a lot more fun

/Thomas

These should work no problem with a FlexMod. The output won't be very linear (against mod input voltage), but it'd be better than TTL or PWM.

If you leave original TEC driver in place, and mount the FlexMod outside the enclosure, for example, it should be fine.

These units use a 1W pump diode, so the FlexMod can easily drive it.

Oh, and a heads-up. All of these units turn up generously overspec- mine's at 220mW after an IR filter, and I've heard reports of 300mW stable after IR. Apparently, none of these units have ever turned up underspec.

I 2nd this. My TTL "150mW" makes close to 300mW after IR filter (added).

As I have spare Flexmod P3's also, I might also attempt analog conversion once I complete a few other in-the-works projects.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by goninanbl00d View Post
    These should work no problem with a FlexMod. The output won't be very linear (against mod input voltage), but it'd be better than TTL or PWM.

If you leave original TEC driver in place, and mount the FlexMod outside the enclosure, for example, it should be fine.

These units use a 1W pump diode, so the FlexMod can easily drive it.
    Cool - thanks for the info

I know it won't be the most linear thing in the world, but it's dead cheap - perfect for a first build

Quote Originally Posted by goninanbl00d View Post
    Oh, and a heads-up. All of these units turn up generously overspec- mine's at 220mW after an IR filter, and I've heard reports of 300mW stable after IR. Apparently, none of these units have ever turned up underspec.
    I am aware of the overspec part - lot's of reviews around - I'm happy with 150mW, but if it puts out more, I won't complain

Need to get an IR filter though - how big is the exit hole in the module?

/Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    I 2nd this. My TTL "150mW" makes close to 300mW after IR filter (added).

As I have spare Flexmod P3's also, I might also attempt analog conversion once I complete a few other in-the-works projects.
    If you do it, please let me know how it behaves

/Thomas

Will do.

These IR filters are perfect. http://cgi.ebay.com.my/One-piece-IR-...item1c1822acfa
    This space for rent.

Wow - nice price! Just ordered one - Thanks!

/Thomas

Finally got time to do some research on this little pearl.

LD Current is 950mA
    LD Vf is 1.916V

The original driver is low side. Vcc connects to LDA and the cooling fan in the head, this has to be changed if a high side driver is used.

Supply is 4.5V.

These findings tell me a die4drive will be a perfect candidate to make this laser analog.

Just one wire to cut (LDC)

/Thomas