Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: <18January galvo complete set >30kpps <300$

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    As the dipswitches are just a simple interface board for the dmx board, I would personally be looking at the DMX board. Check all IC chips are firmly seated after the fall.

As has already been said, if you unplug the dipswitch board, the DMX board defaults to a state of auto-trigger/sound triggering. If you are not getting this, then it suggests that the DMX board is up the spout or at least not powered.

I would also tend to agree that it sounds like a case of bad Ju-Ju. A chicken sacrifice may work, but we tend to just plumb for the goat and be done with it on cases as bad as this.

Of course a financial sacrifice for a half decent projector would have been the best preventative action, leading to not having to open it up on the bench resulting in dropping incidents...
    nope, tried to unplug dip switch board then power on, not a single thing different then before.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

nope, tried to unplug dip switch board then power on, not a single thing different then before.
    Thats not what I was telling you, please read my post again.

you mean removing the ilda cable, not the cable to the dips switch itself.

with my setup the dmx/ilda controller board only works standalone if no ilda cable is attached, for borgquen, who doesn't have a dac yet, he also doesn't have an ilda cable attached and normally the dip-swith should be set to play a show by itself.
    i think he is mistaken in the order of the dipswitch but he states that he tried different combinations, i would make sure to check the manual for it.

troubleshooting tips:
    1 check power cable or switch for a different one
    2 check power switch
    3 check fuse
    4 use multimeter to verify 220 volt ac is present
    5 check output of power supply, should be +/- 24 and +/- 15 V or something like that
    6 check wires to the drivers and to the lasers
    7 verify dip switch is set correctly
    8 in a dark environment, hold a paper in front of the diodes to see if any light is emitted

just a few thoughts

Michel

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Thats not what I was telling you, please read my post again.
    i've read it twice and sorry i dont understand
    im not THAT good in english..

What I said was that if we know with some certainty that unplugging the dipswitches will cause it to go into standalone mode, and we know that it doesn't when you DO unplug it - then the next place to be looking is at the DMX board itself - does it have power? Are all the IC's seated properly? Are all the connectors fully home?

Also check all of the ouputs from this board that go to the driver board

Borgqueen, you have had soo much bad luck with this projector.

I'm not going to buy another ebay chinese projector again myself - fixing my posiedon then keeping it as a home play projector.

as posted at LPF (I'm vk2fro over there), I've decided to build my own (with DT40Wides no less!)

The mess of wires inside my posiedon make it a pain to troubleshoot, i found the keyswitch wire had detached. *panic panic all the lasers arent working!* followed by *phew - keyswitch disconnected*.

This was after I had reseated the original red laser to do practice alignment for when I get the new one for it.

Hope you get yours working. Wish I had a spare dmx board you could have - that could be the sacrifice for that b**th CASA projector

Quote Originally Posted by laserwinkel View Post
    the LW scanners are rated at 4-5°
    LW80K at 4° = 80Kpps
    LW80K at 20° = 35Kpps

LW50K at 4° = 50Kpps
    LW50K at 20° = 25Kpps

LW25K at 4° = 25Kpps
    LW25K at 20° = unknown (probally 12-15K)

Phenix technologies / Spacelas is the same, only difference i see in their products is that Spacelas uses red circuit boards and Phenix green ones.

only cheap galvo's that i have are brandless 20Kpps scanners at 20° and 35Kpps at 5°
    mirror size is 7*11*0.6 mm
    price of these is 90 euro.
    purchased at phenix hopefully they will be alot better then the crappy 15k galvo's in my projector.