Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DJ software recommendations?

Default DJ software recommendations?

Looking for recommendations (preferably based on hands-on experience) for same basic Windows PC DJ software.

My requirements are pretty basic - Windows XP compatible; basic song mixing and beat-matching.
    I don't need a lot of special effects, or anything like that, although basic MIDI support would be nice since I already have the gear for LivePro.
    Unless it's fairly inexpensive, anything like Ableton Live is WAY more than I want or need!!

Thanks in advance!!

Word -

Scratchmaster Stuka
    WikiWiki
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I use Serato with turntables and a MIDI controller and have been very happy with it.

The open source mixx project is also worth checking out: http://www.mixxx.org/

I'm a vinyl DJ but I recently had a play with Traktor Pro and it seemed very responsive and easy, available at half price at the moment - $79
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Good info - thanks!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Can't make a recommendation Stuka but whilst looking at some Mixx tutorials on Youtube I got re-directed to the Virtual DJ website and found out that they now do a Home Use Only version for free:

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/homefree.html

Probably no good for you for your gigs, but if you've ever thought of VDJ as a product, could be a chance to play around at home and try it for nothing.
    Last edited by White-Light; 01-09-2011 at 15:17. Reason: Altered to make better sense, Got wrong OP

i have been using audacity to build soundtracks for shows works great and its free

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnb View Post
    i have been using audacity to build soundtracks for shows works great and its free
    Yep - Audacity is definitely a VERY good audio editor package!

Between that and the open-source MIXXX package recommended by Robin, I believe I'll be set with everything I need (for now ) with no $$$ required!!
    RR

Sweet.....

Traktor Scratch Pro with X! Kontroller! Doesn't get much better
    10W RGB
    2x 5W RGB
    2x 3W RGB
    2x 1W Green
    ---------------------------------
    QM.NET, 2x FB3, LivePro, Beyond, APC40,

kgblasers.com

Cool

Do I hear a new DJ coming!?

I use so many diff programs its crazy!!
    But if you want something easy and I think really nice for the cost Is the Hercules DJ Console with the Vertual DJ software. And I got it for $100 at SamAsh
    Or if you want full hands on,
    Dual Numark direct drive turn tables with Scratch Live and a M-Audio Synth and @live 8 and the Masive package, with a dash of Mixvibes and a pinch of FL..and you have what I use

Cant wait to hear some Stuka Mixes!!!
    DJ Stuka

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

"DJ Stuka" mixes - coming to a club near you!
    LOL - not likely!!!!

Just looking for something that I can use to mix tracks on the fly while shootin' lasers -
    For now, I think the MIXXX solution is plenty!!
    (but then again, I do have Sonar to play with...)
    RR

Sweet.....