Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Really like this custom laser projector

Default Really like this custom laser projector

I really like this custom projector at this link: http://photonlexicon.com/gallery/album29

does anyone have any plans or designs of this projector? Because i would really like build one the same.

That is Yaddatrance's work. He's pretty much a genius. I mean it - the guy is brilliant.

He didn't like the way Pangolin worked, so he engineered his own controller from scratch. :!: He had to test something like 8 or 10 different microcontroller chips before he found one he liked.

Then he designed the board and had it custom-screened. Got the whole thing working right, and then wrote his own custom software to interface with it. The specs on his controller are over-engineered by 3 to 4 orders of magnitude in places...

Here's a thread where he explains it in more detail.

I'm in awe of his work, but I don't have a chance in hell of recreating it. I'm just hoping that at some point in the future I'll be able to afford to purchase one of his boards. (FYI, they are not yet available for purchase, so you have time to save up...)

Between everyone here and the "master" himself(yadda) im sure we could come up with a workable design.

I agree with that i think we could all come up with a working design for a laser projector. I have a pretty good idea on how to make one so i will draw up some design plans and post them on this forum. Any one else interested?

Eh...

After re-reading your post, I realized that you were referring to the design of the projector housing itself, and not the DAC. (Big difference!) Sorry for the mix-up. ops:

Yeah, sure - the layout of a projector isn't all that hard. I'm sure we could come up with several workable solutions. And yeah, I'd like to see your idea...

Adam

Default Really like this custom projector

Ok cool i will draw up some plans now. I am a little interested in the DAC because i am having trouble building my own (it cant be that hard?).

tomc: i`m building myself a RGB projector
    and if you have any idea of design PLZ let me know

btw: i`m selling my dac and a set of galvo if your intrested

cheers and welcome to the forum ..

Cool i have an idea of a few good plans and am drawing up the designs as we speek. I am looking to buy a galvo set and most important a DAC Do you have any pictures of the set you are selling? VERY INTERESTED!

Default Re: Really like this custom laser projector

Quote Originally Posted by tomc
    Cool i have an idea of a few good plans and am drawing up the designs as we speek. I am looking to buy a galvo set and most important a DAC Do you have any pictures of the set you are selling? VERY INTERESTED!
    http://photonlexicon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=265

There is my "selling" thread
    And I will include the DAC+Powersupply for 50$ extra

And it`s all soldered up togheter, and adjusted...
    So all you need to add is a laser

let me know if your intrested, I`m saving money to buy software !!

Default Really like this laser projector

WOW thats cool how much for the galvos and the DAC?