Thread: Laser Projector designs

Default Laser Projector designs

This is my first laser projector design. It is based on the same principal as Yaddatrance's custom projector design. I am going to be designing more projectors in the next few days so if anyone would like a custom projector designed please let me know.

Heres a good tip.

Make sure you design the box to be easily opened, and make sure you can get to everything very easily..

Our first run of boxes were a little rushed. Whilst they do their job well, they are far from perfect. We got them laser cut from our own cad file.

For the next run, we are going to a different place, and they are going to do all the cad work, so all the screw holes line up Also want to design a integral method of dust sealing the optics to make life easier

Default Laser projector designs

Thanks for the advice

it was a nice design

But the output hole normally is square.

And I think that box is to high for my use, as the wires is fat and can easy pull the box so it will tip.. and that is a bad thing....

here is my box:

It was a small and easy to use box

But it was a MESS inside it becouse of the small size..

The black thing on the side there is the Remote i did mount inside it on the (220volt input) to turn it ON and OFF ...

The remote was becouse normally the laser is mounted in the roof, and it`s a pain in the ass to climp up there to turn it ON everytime U need to use it

Well this was some OT, but that is my box "design"

I wonder how my new one is gonna be like.... ideas are welcome

I am making new designs of all different types of projectors so when they are done i will post them on the forum.

Here is a pic of our old boxes minus the c-arm(they had been sitting around for a while, hence the rust, since got em powdercoated) We have 4 of these.

Everything internal gets mounted to a piece of aluminium(quasi bean table!!), which is in turn mounted to the box via some standoffs..

Good looking boxes but i want to make mine out of plastic small and compact.