Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 445 2 Watts Fact of fiction

Default Disrupter Dazer

He is correct about that its not called disrupter is called a Dazer http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20011548-71.html look at the article the cops are using them they are also using them on ships in Somalia to keep pirates away from the ships quite effective as I under stand.

Now for this guy here is a picture of him it come up when you search images awesome lasers http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...zoom=1&tbnid=p

Quote Originally Posted by mmuhler View Post
    He is correct about that its not called disrupter is called a Dazer http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20011548-71.html look at the article the cops are using them they are also using them on ships in Somalia to keep pirates away from the ships quite effective as I under stand.

Now for this guy here is a picture of him it come up when you search images awesome lasers http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...zoom=1&tbnid=p
    I'm getting a broken link...
    Did you save the Pic.. It could be it has been removed...

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

LOL @ picture HAHAHA

I putted the quote here as he considers it normal to use a laser as a defense weapon temporarly (hum..) blinding people..
    As long as you don't have a photonic disruptor, I don't beleive in the 'no harm to retina done' story.. (and even if you would have one..)

This 'guy' got outed(in more ways than one way/lol) long ago at LPF.

what a piece of work!!

hak

Default Picture for Laser Bee

Here he is. Error says I have to have a least 15 characters to post so that should do it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dave from awsomelasers.jpg  

He's really buttering up on ebay here. 29.95$ up to 3000mW and ya get an aircraft to shot down to go with it..

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:SS:DE:1123

This diode is capable of power output (continuous mode) in excess of 1,500mw with a Dr. Lava Microboost driver board currently available on eBay.

This diode is capable of power output (continuous mode) approaching 2,000mw with a LM-309-based constant current source.
    I'd like to know how he achieves a 2000mW output with a 1 amp 5 volt regulator.
    Those must be magical 445nm LDs.... Attachment 23173

@ mmuhler..
    Thanks... I found a few pics of him yesterday... and yeah he was
    tongue lashed over on LPF...

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Default Buttering up on the German ebay site

Yeah after Han's pays for the shipping on one of those and it ends up being ein Stück Scheiße he may come over hear and pay him a visit and I do not think all his dazer toys are going to help him. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lasersbee View Post
    I'd like to know how he achieves a 2000mW output with a 1 amp 5 volt regulator.
    Those must be magical 445nm LDs.... Attachment 23173

@ mmuhler..
    Thanks... I found a few pics of him yesterday... and yeah he was
    tongue lashed over on LPF...

Jerry

Jer..

'tongue lashed' ???
    rotfl
    bet that geek would LUV that. a 'tongue in cheek' thing no doubt. Bet he invites local 'pick up' there in NY. ha ha

he is prolly up for trades too.

"whip me-beat me- I like that action.
    burn my hair like Micheal Jackson"

whip it good

Len

Laser Warning 1500 mw with Dr. Lava Driver

There IS a way to use a Dr. Lava Microboost Driver to achieve 1,500mw TRUE output. Current draw from the battery will be on the order of 1600 to 1700 mA. All you have to do is change the inductor and one SMT resistor. You also have to provide heat sinking to the pill - you can use Arctic Silver and a small strip of copper to thermally "connect" the surface of the regulator chip to the pill. Dr Lava also failed to solder the heat sink on the bottom of the regulator chip to a copper "land" on the board as the manufacturer recommends, but at the power level the board was originally designed for, the extra heat sink wasn't necessary.... and there was no reason to go through the added trouble of using solder paste and a heat gun - which is the ONLY way to solder UNDERNEATH an SMT chip (between the chip and the board). This info was not originally posted on the eBay Web site due to an editing error. If you bought the diode from Awesome Lasers, you got the info on how to do it. How that ad ended up on German eBay is beyond me - WE sure didn't post it there. AND BTW - those were NOT the XJA-130 diodes that Wicked Lasers uses in their Arctics - these are NCH diodes that are WAY more efficient, and run cooler. We've driven them to 2,000mA for many DAYS continuously (off a regulated Power Supply and with adequate heat-sinking) and they've passed with flying colors. Pill temperatures reached 140 degrees F, and they ran as long as we had power on. These diodes are not available in the US - we get them on strips (that were originally part of a spool magazine for some sort of robot assembly line) from a source I am not at liberty to reveal.