Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 445 2 Watts Fact of fiction

Clicky Link

Allegedly...

is this the picture you were trying to link?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1z1gton.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	23583

With this info:

Offenses
    Offense: SEXUAL ASSAULT of an 8 year old boy Convicted: 19 May 1999
    Alias(es)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by criminaljustice.state.ny.us
    Offense Description:
    Actual,Promoting/Possessing Sexual Performance by a Child
    Actual,Sexual Contact
    Actual,Sexual Intercourse
    Actual,Deviate Sexual Intercourse
    http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/S...fenderid=19412

David J Todeschini in Jersey City, NJ - Criminal and Sex Offender Registry by Homefacts.com - Learn more about your community.

-------------------------------------

Offenses
    Offense: Sodomy-2nd Degree Convicted: 19 May 1999
    Offense: Sexual Abuse-1st Degree Convicted: 19 May 1999

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-de...odeschini.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ideas View Post
    is this the picture you were trying to link?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1z1gton.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	23583

With this info:

Offenses
    Offense: SEXUAL ASSAULT of an 8 year old boy Convicted: 19 May 1999
    Alias(es)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by criminaljustice.state.ny.us
    Offense Description:
    Actual,Promoting/Possessing Sexual Performance by a Child
    Actual,Sexual Contact
    Actual,Sexual Intercourse
    Actual,Deviate Sexual Intercourse

David J Todeschini in Jersey City, NJ - Criminal and Sex Offender Registry by Homefacts.com - Learn more about your community.

-------------------------------------

Offenses
    Offense: Sodomy-2nd Degree Convicted: 19 May 1999
    Offense: Sexual Abuse-1st Degree Convicted: 19 May 1999

Indeed, a child rapist, a pedophile. He did 7 years for it.

He was banned from LPF twice, once for lying, and once again, for lying and trolling in general.

This man knows nothing, he is a disgrace to the laser community.

He even tries to deny it:

Quote Originally Posted by ciphoenix
    YOU are the ones who are SICK and should be kept from procreating. If you knew the HALF of it, you'd be scared S***less that YOU could be the NEXT one accused. Tell your sob stories to Vincent Jenkins - and FYI your OPINIONS don't matter. Had you done any research into the matter, you'd know the truth - just Google these numbers just as you see them: 2001-HL-0066 and DVAIG-00290-22 and that's the very TIP of of a VERY LARGE ICEBERG - one that feeds a multi-billion dollar industry based on feeding children dangerous psychotropic medications (see downloadable literature from Citizen's Commission on Human Rights on:
    Links to FREE literature - PDF files - From Citizen's Commission on Human Rights - Net4TruthUSA Christian Ministries - WebPastor David Todeschini
    - Just click on Obtain all of the CCHR PDF Files FREE link.

Should one threaten to upset the "apple-cart" of public funds flowing to these people as I did, you end up incurring the wrath of some very corrupt people in very influential places.

However, in 2005 - 2006 I was able to retaliate. Read the whole story on:
    Shrinks BUSTED - A Confidential Informant lets the proverbial cat out of the bag - NYS "sex-offender" "therapy" being paid for by Medicaid (and it is verifiable by a Freedom of Information Act request, if anyone cares to follow-up).

“The danger with the use of circumstantial evidence is that of logical gaps; subjective, inferential links of low probability, or insufficient degree”. - People vs. Cleague 22 NY2d 363, 367, 292

“The workability of a postulate is established by the degree to which it explains existing phenomena [which is] already known; by the degree that it predicts new phenomena which when looked for, will be found to exist, and by the degree that it does not require that phenomena which do not exist in fact, be called into existence for its explanation.” - Scientology Logic #19

However, I digress....
    Let's get the focus back on the topic of LASERS, and conduct the witch-hunts elsewhere.... SHALL WE???
    Or this:

W5256tOhFjs

Or his posts about 'safety'

Q. Are the higher power 200 to 500mW LASERS dangerous?

A. In responsible hands, they are no more "dangerous" than very bright flashlights. Staring into the beam of either a LASER or a 1,000 Watt Klieg lamp will most likely cause temporary "spot blindness" but to permanently damage your retina would probably be unlikely at any appreciable distance because a light this bright will cause an involuntary aversion reaction. This is the reason that shining a LASER at an aircraft or moving vehicle is illegal. Looking into a LASER beam of a 200mW or higher power LASER at close range is definitely NOT recommended.
    But in other news, 2W out of a single 445nm diode has been done.

The build used three DrLava FlexDrives in parallel, and two 26650s (or was it 32500?) as the power source.

Quote Originally Posted by goninanbl00d View Post
    (...)

Breaking the thread a little...

But in other news, 2W out of a single 445nm diode has been done.

The build used three DrLava FlexDrives in parallel, and two 26650s (or was it 32500?) as the power source.
    Was that a 2W steady state or in bursts?

It might be a good experiment to slap one hell of a TEC on a single or dual 445 and see how much power you can crank out of it. Too bad my lab PSU's only go up to 2 amps.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    Was that a 2W steady state or in bursts?

It might be a good experiment to slap one hell of a TEC on a single or dual 445 and see how much power you can crank out of it. Too bad my lab PSU's only go up to 2 amps.
    This one had a 19 minute run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKyhPglLI0I&feature

You can see his build here

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/2-...ost-60465.html

As alluded to above, he has a couple of other high powered ones as well.

Peace,
    dave

Wow... Just - Wow...

That thread on LPF reads like one long train wreck. I wanted to stop reading, but I couldn't. Read through all 3 pages. Jesus! What a melt-down...

I have to say, I was impressed with the safety talk in that thread. Seems that there are quite a few folks over there who are well aware of the risks these new high-power diodes can pose. It's a refreshing change from what I remember reading last summer.

As for Awesome Lasers? Well, I think they pretty much screwed themselves. That thread just got crazier and crazier as it went on. First the bad information and obvious lies, but then paranoia set in with the Scientology references, the dubious claims of military service, a narrow escape from the 9/11 tragedy... Sheesh! The guy sure has lived an interesting life, hasn't he? (Not to mention the child molestation convictions...)

Ugh. I feel like I need to wash my hands after reading all that.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by daguin View Post
    As alluded to above, he has a couple of other high powered ones as well.

Peace,
    dave
    I guess it does depend on the diode you can find. We've already estabilished that these Nichias are surprisingly hard to destroy and can handle tremendous amounts of power, but I do wonder what will be the statistical limit for these things.

That 2.1W build was done with only passive cooling and driven from a battery. Throw in a TEC and a lab-style heatsink/driver combo, and you've got yourself a good experiment to determine what the absolute maximum of these diodes could be.

There are some beefy TEC assemblies on the market today, especially if you look at PC CPU cooling assemblies. Those things can chill the entire diode down to sub-zero temperatures (if you really want to).

I guess a reliable 2W from a lab style module would not be so much fiction. But for now I'll stick to 1W from a single diode.

I actually bought the laser in the LPF thread referenced above ... The specs match his claims pretty much exactly; I was rather skeptical at first.

It starts at about 2130mW and maintains over 2100 for about 2 minutes. It maintains above 2w for 6-7 minutes, and ends up at around 1.9w after 10 minutes.

This was according to DTR's Laserbee, and my Kenometer Pro. Both numbers agreed; (Jerry, I still may want to get a Laserbee from you as a 'second opinion' meter! I know our conversation in PM there was err.. cut short).

As Dave said though, A build like this is mainly a hobbyist curiosity, as the power does drop on a linear slope.. a projector would likely shift pretty "warm" in color temperature with blue dropping by almost 300mW in ten minutes.

What I am wondering though is if the decrease in this build is strictly due to thermal aspects, or the 32650 battery. I fully expect this diode to pop one day; (especially since Jerry said he blew a die bond wire at 1.8a... hmm ) but it would be interesting to see the output graph with a TEC and a constant power supply.

Quote Originally Posted by aryntha View Post
    What I am wondering though is if the decrease in this build is strictly due to thermal aspects, or the 32650 battery. I fully expect this diode to pop one day; (especially since Jerry said he blew a die bond wire at 1.8a... hmm ) but it would be interesting to see the output graph with a TEC and a constant power supply.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually one of the diode's weak spots causing to be specced lower. We know the resonator is capable of sustained high-power output, but the reliabilty aspects could very well be in the die bond wires since they are going to be serious thermal hot-spots at high current. Adequate cooling may help that cause.

Furthermore, I think the die bond wires could even be under some serious mechanical strain because of the magnetic field they generate inside the diode at 1,8 amps. It won't be a problem for 14AWG wire in an insulated cable, but micrometer-thin wires in a diode can only a millimetre apart can very well be ripped apart by their mechanical tension because they repel one another. This will only be aggravated by the thermal issues if cooling is insufficient, weakening the wires even further.

Default Thermal issues

Sounds like a job for super conductors was a big buzz about them some years back but have not heard much recently but if they did exist they would eliminate the heat factor. Even if they are very expensive you would only need a very short piece inside the diode