Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fixing divergence

Default Fixing divergence

Hey all,
    if you haven't read my product review, I just got a 1-watt 532nm Aixiz laser. The power is great, but the divergence is sickening: 4.15 mRad. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to the lens sizes and types I need to fix this, assuming I don't get any help through the manufacturer (whom I'm having difficulty talking to at the moment). Any thoughts?

boomdog, on wicked forums, did you read roadrunners post. he has the same type of model and he managed to unscrew the lens and can now focus it.

i have a 100mw module from aixiz and the power is great but beam is crap.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I would suggest that you send it back to be replaced with one that is within spec.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I've had good results using telescope optics. Pass the beam through a convex lens to expand it, then bounce it off a telescope mirror. The collimated beam will be much wider, but very parallel.

I had some fun with a greenie of mine - I made a beam that started out with a 4 inch diameter but slowly converged to >1 inch diameter at a distance of about 3/4 mile! Without the extra optics the beam would be several feet acoss at that distance.

Andy, no I missed it; I figured you could unsrew the front, but I wasn't sure if that was just a cap or if that was an actual adjustment...

::Goes tinkering::

As for sending it back; this is already the 2nd one I've had, and you get really nervous sending a $2300 laser back and forth through the mail.

ask roadrunner, or do a search.

the lens can be loosened
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Yea, Its a CNI. The end of the barrel is removable and then just use a 2mm punch tool to rotate the lens in there.

If memory serves: theres a load of gray silicone holding the lens in place. just torque the lens and the silicone will move out of the way.

*but* I agree with Dave that you shouldn't have to void the warranty to fix something that shouldn't be broken in the first place. Send it back or demand a refund/adjustment in the price.

Yea good luck with returns there. I haven't had the greatest experience and I didn't even have to return the defective unit. I hate to think wha the beam quality is for my 30mW green... :roll: Took me over a month to get my replacment... and my free gift... :roll: :P
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I just feel that I don't have the time or the nerve to send it back agin; it took a month to do it the first time, but I may ask for reduction of price (they're on sale right now, maybe just request that price). Anyway I'm trying to get hold of someone who knows what they are talking about at the company and we'll go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomDog
    Anyway I'm trying to get hold of someone who knows what they are talking about at the company and we'll go from there.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...That's all I got for that statement...