Thread: @ LanNeK779

Default @ LanNeK779

TZR250 Wild ride, not me but a bit of two stroke nostalia for you. It's not difficult to see why these used to embarrass litre 4 strokes

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

ok, litre bikes of the time had little to do with todays bikes, but still... a tzr or an rgv and a set of able hands was all it took to kill a litre bike

bikes that feel and lean like a feather, revs up like crazy, but only work within a really narrow rev wndow, with that really distinct kick when it hits that spot in the rev meter, suspension, brakes and chasis stiffness are .. well... are they??? and you just managed to make the front wheel land and there is the corner approaching you fast and you close the throttle, but nothing happens, as this thing is still carrying speed inside the corner, christ.... the braaakes.... and then back on the throttle and the wheel wanting to lift again the terror, the joy....

nasty, vicious, lunatic machines. i have to be honest... they are good for memories, but i am man enough to admit that i am not going to miss them

thanks for the video Doc

cheers and a puff of smoke and that smell of oil
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    ok, litre bikes of the time had little to do with todays bikes, but still... a tzr or an rgv and a set of able hands was all it took to kill a litre bike
    Very true, but I can still give my friend a very hard time on his R1 through the twisty lanes around here
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

i can definately imagine this. it is a matter of "the art of war" principles, you choose the terrain that best suits you

i wouldn't be wanting to go up against an old times 2 stroke or one of the modern single cyl super motards on a tight twisty mountain road if i was riding a modern superbike (with all that euro 3-4 stuff and the "dead" response below 7000rpm)

I used to race Karts back in the day, started with a YZ125 and then upgraded to TZ250 and finaly went back to a Rotax Bombadier 125, seriously fast machines.

But heh, im glad I had 4 wheels

Loved the sound and smell of a 2 stroke running with Castrol R.

Cheers

have you seen all those hayabusa and r1 engines retrofitted to karts???

insanity!! 200bhp on a kart

IF i didn't keep spending all this cash on lasers I'd have myself an RGV250 or even better an NSR250.

Actually its a bit sick to think that the last months laser purchases would've bought a servicable RGV250 gull arm.

Still, at least I've got the Blade in the garage still

edit: BTW, just watched the vid, that is one astonishingly confident ride

well norty, this is what we call opportunity cost

and if i hadn't decided to finish a house i've been building over the last years, and hadn't spent an ammount into the mid-5-digit area over the last months....

if it wasn't for this decision, my laser projector would have been finished long ago (and my second and my third), i would have had money to go on a few rounds around the balcans as i usually do a couple times a year, my summer vaccation this year would have been "a bit" more luxurious, i could have watched a round of the moto gp in italy ir spain, my wardrobe would have had a slght refurbishment etc etc etc. but first things first, and as not many of us are really rich, we have to set priorities

i just feel better when i think that both my trusty workhorse tdm 900 and the r1 - 03 track bike are up and running, just waiting for me to find time and money to take them for a spin. (My spins with the tdm usually involve 2-3 days of non stop riding, personnal record 1300km in 20 hours most part on b and mountain roads. The r1 is a different story, no lights, no legal exhaust, a few tune ups and touch ups, for track use only)

one of my dreams, now that i found this forum and all you guys, at some point in the future to ride to a uk or dutch lem (not easy to carry a projector with a motorcycle though)

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    edit: BTW, just watched the vid, that is one astonishingly confident ride
    yes, the guy is really solid!