Thread: ID a laser artist

Default ID a laser artist

Recently picked up an ADAT that the original label was is so faded and marred that I can;t read who produced the tape. Does anyone recognize this work? I don;t think it is Mike Dunn as he doesn't list it as a show and his labels I would recognize.

leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Does anyone recognize this work?
    That's definitely 'old-skool' craftsmanship / style, there... looks like stuff that was 'designed' for scan-thru / diff fx (ie: imagine all those 'dancing stars' shot thru a diff-grating, etc.. ) My guess would be LFI or maybe Doug McCullough... your 'source' doesn't know?

Someone from the 'old-skool' / same-era-influenced, at least, that'd be my-bet...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    That's definitely 'old-skool' craftsmanship / style, there... looks like stuff that was 'designed' for scan-thru / diff fx (ie: imagine all those 'dancing stars' shot thru a diff-grating, etc.. ) My guess would be LFI or maybe Doug McCullough... your 'source' doesn't know?

Someone from the 'old-skool' / same-era-influenced, at least, that'd be my-bet...
    j
    Prior to me getting them, the tapes were acquired in a trade for gas laser recharging when the client couldn't afford the full cost for the 2 tubes. So the source never really knew much about them, an they just ended up in storage that actually got flooded. I was able to treat and salvage a few but several were lost.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    ...an they just ended up in storage that actually got flooded. I was able to treat and salvage a few but several were lost.
    Bummer... K, based on the 'clue' in your PM, I am gonna go with "Laser Fantasy International", or any LFI-employee-based derivative, thereof...'final answer'...
    We'll see if I get a gold-star when / if any of the 'LFI Kin' / WA-scene peeps log-in and post their opins...

I'll accept cash or gold-bullion, thanks very-much...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...