Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheap DMX Controller for laser projector

Default Cheap DMX Controller for laser projector

Searching the cheapest laser DMX controller.
    i will get ilda next month but the dmx could be fun when bored or playing music on my room.
    i want to use it with all the commands the PT-ITRUST card gives.

it needs 24 channels and its for DMX512.

Thanks for any recommendations
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

Save your money for something worthwhile like a half decent ILDA controller.
    A DMX controller will become pretty obsolete once you get your ILDA controller, and you could get some decent optic mounts for the money

Any idea where we can get a half decent ILDA controller? As I am also looking for one..

but i cant always connect my ilda, i'd like to have the thing in a corner of my room and then put it on sound or automatic mode sometimes, with just a dmx controller attached.

and then put it on sound or automatic mode sometimes, with just a dmx controller attached
    Again, at this point in time (as far as I'm aware) you don't even know if the DMX board is working after one of the 'little accidents', so I personally wouldn't be thinking of spending any money in the DMX direction until I knew for certain.

Also, if you have it in sound or automatic mode, then you don't need the DMX controller attached.... because its in sound/automatic mode!

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Again, at this point in time (as far as I'm aware) you don't even know if the DMX board is working after one of the 'little accidents', so I personally wouldn't be thinking of spending any money in the DMX direction until I knew for certain.

Also, if you have it in sound or automatic mode, then you don't need the DMX controller attached.... because its in sound/automatic mode!
    i purchased a new DMX board...
    Yes then its in sound/automatic mode....but not controlled. it just sweeps through all functions of the DMX. i want to control wich sound show it should play.

Are you sure the DMX control works that way? In most implementations I've seen it just allows you to select a specific frame and then manipulate the frame (scroll, shrink X/Y axis, flip, etc) Not select whole shows, but I could be wrong...

What DMX board did you get? Link, instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Are you sure the DMX control works that way? In most implementations I've seen it just allows you to select a specific frame and then manipulate the frame (scroll, shrink X/Y axis, flip, etc) Not select whole shows, but I could be wrong...

What DMX board did you get? Link, instructions?
    well i also could be wrong.
    but the manual of the board says some numbers to select or something, wich says: replay show 1, replay show 2, goes on to show 15.
    this is the board:
    http://www.phenixtechnology.com/en/p...lb_id=10010002

if you really want a DMX controller..
    i have USB DMX modules so that you can connect to the PC and then use it with DMX programs.

i am not sure but i guess i have these the cheapest possible on the globe ^^
    one interface is 35 euro if you want i can take it to the LEM

edit: phenix boards only have patterns and you can control size position scale etc. or set it to music / auto / manual trough dmx

If you're just looking for a physical DMX desk, they can be found rather cheaply on eBay.

They have 8 physical faders, capable of controlling 16 channels per DMX device. Devices are spread out across 12 'scanner' channels, giving you a total of 192 channels to play with.

Here's a link to one (cheapest one on eBay via sort option that isn't an auction):

http://cgi.ebay.com/DMX-DJ-Lighting-...item4aa6c385a0

They're more or less all the same, they're all clones of each other, but they work well enough for what they are.

These controllers also have sound mode, as well as the ability to record chases and play them sound-active. (meaning you can record your own combination of frames, colors, etc and play them back how you want)

If you have any more questions about this thing, or how to set it up, just PM me or talk to me on PL chat, I'll be more than happy to run you through.