Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea: Mixing 532 with 445

Default Idea: Mixing 532 with 445

I recall a post recently that suggested mixing a little 532 with 445 can help produce a better blue.

This concept has my interest.

Rather than mix a separate 532nm beam with 445nm, I was contemplating a mixer amp, that used my main 532nm for this purpose. Basically, this amp would accept both green and blue inputs from my DAC, and drive both 532 and 445 modules, with the blue input driving both 445 and a little 532.

Has anyone tried this before? Do you think it is worth experimenting with?
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Has anyone tried this before? Do you think it is worth experimenting with?
    Sure, I have used simple resistive mixing for this (only works when your modules have high Z inputs and you can trim the gains to make up for the losses).

Easy enough to build something a little more general, couple of resistors, couple of pots, opamp or two on a bit of veroboard...

Personally my rig is now so blue heavy anyway (because blue is cheap, cheap, cheap compared to red) that the last thing it needs is more blue.

Regards, Dan.

Yeah, I've tried it via the pot and diode method and it works, but I just add it in software now.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Yeah, I've tried it via the pot and diode method and it works, but I just add it in software now.
    Hi Doc, what software are you using?

I have a Demo of QS that William provided, yet don't see settings that permit colour mixing...
    This space for rent.

I'm using LivePro, but you could edit the actual cue colours using any software. Just experiment by changing the blue parts to slightly cyan. This way you can keep the deep blue colour where you want it.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Hi Doc, what software are you using?

I have a Demo of QS that William provided, yet don't see settings that permit colour mixing...
    I don't think you can. I'm guessing Beyond will probably have this feature if Live Pro does but like you I can't see anyway of doing this in QS.

Nearest you can get in QS is adjusting the voltage settings but even if you were to adjust the min voltage for the green channel to above the blanking point, wouldn't it still rely on that channel being active? I'm not sure how laser software actually works, so if thats talking bull and all lasers are effectively active but just blanked when not showing, then you can possibly do it that way ie by setting the min voltage for the green channel above the blanking point but you would also then leak green into the red.

QS has a rgv-colour mixing profile that is intended for 405.
    Briefly mentioned here.
    That does what you describe.
    The mixing algorithm is fixed and hidden though.

Default lds pro

I use lds pro2010
    Colour mixing is built in to do what you want dnar
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

if you have livepro its very possible. i have an fb3 with livepro and its just a case of setting it up right.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

QM2000 palette set-up
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/