Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech specs for Maxyz needed

Default Tech specs for Maxyz needed

Greetings, all;

Does anyone have a copy of the specs for the dual-red Maxyz jobbie? No luck with a google search, and these have been out of production for a number of years.

Need to know the current needs, etc.

I'm pretty sure it wants 9V/ 5V modulation, but need to calculate how big a PS to run this and the G and the B in my new RGB rig.

Thanks much....Mike

Hi Mike
    Dont have the specs but they do need 9V and 0-5v for modulation. The diodes normally run around the 300mA mark so if you budget 500mA you should be in. I have run 2 fed from a 12V supply and then put a 7809 regulator bolted down to the Maxy mount - that worked a treat

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    The diodes normally run around the 300mA mark so if you budget 500mA you should be in.
    On a dual-Maxyz rig, they usually run in parallel, so you'd want closer to a full amp.

Mine draw about 650 ma between the two of them.

Adam

better yet, does anyone know what diode and lens was used in the maxyz

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    better yet, does anyone know what diode and lens was used in the maxyz
    I was under the impression that neither were anything special...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I was under the impression that neither were anything special...
    I never had good luck with them DOA or work for 2 seconds and wink off, the third set I got I sold before I hooked up, but I did like seeing the beam coming out of them when I saw someone elses projector working with them. I want to duplicate that beam. I just ordered several 650nm and 660nm diodes and of course I still have my lens from the 445nm test

Smile

DZ has retro-fitted several dead Maxyz modules with standard LOC 660 nm red diodes. I believe he left the original lens intact. He usually replaced the driver though.

I'll see if I can get him to post here about his experiences...

Adam

The lens is just a cay046 iirc.. Nothing really that special..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Angry Arrgh, just killed 1/2 my Maxyz

... by moving the PBS too close to one of the lasers. Back reflection did me in, so it would seem.

Dang, now I have yet another expensive LED.

Back to the question raised above by dream beamz: Does anyone know what diode to buy to replace this? Or a suitable other replacement?

Now I get to drill out the epoxy covering the set screws, if that is possible. Maybe I'll just go buy own dummy resistor housing and start over...

Grrr....Mike

The last few units were made a little more difficult to ID the components as the #r's were dremeled off. The driver itself is good and can be modified. There should be a stack of resistors on the board...uses this term loosely. Use your DVOM set to amps and check the current...adjust R values as needed. As Adam said the LOC 660nm diode work great here as not a lot of heat is generated and can be dealt with by the design. I wouldn't run it in CW for hours on end without being on a plate or sink though. I would try and machine an adapter to fit the Aixiz lens in there...beats the plastic one. They can be salvaged if your table is drilled and PBS'd for a pair of these...If you don't want to fool with that I think I have a dual setup here somewhere...1/2 watt LOC and really nice beam specs. Maybe we can work a deal on it. No cover and it will need a driver with tec cooling abilities. Chuck's diode of choice remains a mystery....to me anyhow. I know they were darn sensative ! We talked of the dead diode jar we both had some 4 years ago.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich