Thread: 650nm laser 59.00 dollars free shipping

Default 650nm laser 59.00 dollars free shipping

Has anyone purchased one of these? It looks like a perfect fit for my graphics projector I do not have a power meter yet so if I decide to be the guinea pig and purchase one I will have no idea if I got screwed. From the looks of it I am thinking 150mw at best never believe what confuses say, with six you get egg roll. As long as our tax return is good next large purchase will be from our neighbor Canada. A Laser Bee 5watt power meter.

http://www.laser2go.com/250r.htm

Quote Originally Posted by mmuhler View Post
    Has anyone purchased one of these? It looks like a perfect fit for my graphics projector I do not have a power meter yet so if I decide to be the guinea pig and purchase one I will have no idea if I got screwed. From the looks of it I am thinking 150mw at best never believe what confuses say, with six you get egg roll. As long as our tax return is good next large purchase will be from our neighbor Canada. A Laser Bee 5watt power meter.

Looks like a bog standard DVD in a piece of ally with presumably a linear power supply of some sorts.

You can probably get these for half the price at eBay in an AixiZ mount with a plastic lens, or a glass lens for a few bucks more. Nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by mmuhler View Post

Looks like a nice little module, I am trying to find out the beam size and have them confirm the divergence.

I also asked about buying 10+ for a project I have and that knocked $10 ea off. If they spec out OK I may get some at that price a diode $10, Driver$10 and Module holder and lens $10 and you are about there especially if you figure your time is worth anything at all.
    Larry

I've got one that looks just like that. It is 662nm and falls 5% short of rated power. It has two leads for power and a blue lead for modulation. You MUST supply 5V to the power leads, or it does not run at full power. I cannot get the supposed analog modulation to work at all. It seems any voltage applied to the blue lead just turns the laser off.

"Beam Divergence > 0.4 mrad"

There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that the divergence is, in fact, greater than 0.4 mrad.

I bought something from China that looks identical. Sold as 100mW, produces just over 100mW and beam was like a torch even when focused. I replaced the plastic lens with a 660nm glass lens and the power went up to 120mW and the beam is very tight. Only TTL modulation however and the PCB trimpot does nothing that I can discern. I payed $15 for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by j4cbo View Post
    "Beam Divergence > 0.4 mrad"

There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that the divergence is, in fact, greater than 0.4 mrad.
    LOL, that's like advertising < 0.4GW.
    This space for rent.