Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: READ THIS

I pretty much agree with Gary- some have speculated that the part about lasers going into potential aircraft space could be interpreted to mean almost any airspace where any aircraft may enter and thus outdoor show may be greatly affected.

However, I am in favor of strict and serious pentalies for intentionally aiming any lasers at aircraft-vehicles or people.

Len
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 03-12-2011 at 18:25.

Default maybe good news

Just read that our efforts to influence law makers made have not been in vain.
    The fine now for lasering an aircraft is over 10K$.

The name Representative Eileen McGroghegan was mentioned as being helpful to us.

It would do no harm to write her and express your thoughts. All they read in the press is the neg. reports.

This makes much more sense than painting all with the same brush as those Buttheads being idiots with thier pointers. I for one am glad I emailed my feelings about these new laws.

It was also mentioned that the FAA will be doing what it takes to make some examples out of the offenders. GOOD work all those who wrote.

hak

Well I see a lot of illegal outdoor laser shows with no safety in mind. Shining of 10 watt lasers over an airport. I saw it happen in New York City last year and I have more recently seen it occur in Orlando. I still cannot believe the entire event did not get shut down in NYC as it was right over LaGuardia airport

I just read this for the first time, has there been any updates in the bill since February?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by MLS View Post
    I just read this for the first time, has there been any updates in the bill since February?
    Yes, it passed, its signed, its a law.

Steve

Can anybody help me understand this a little more? Is a laser show projector included as part of the bill, or just hand held laser pointers?