Thread: Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular

Default Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular

Went to the Houston show last night with Len (hakzaw1). Thought Len would get a chance to see the ion white-lights used in the show over all these years....

They are gone...all replaced by diode lasers now. Bound to happen at some point. Spoke to Dave McConkey, who confirmed that Ryan Waters had left and is doing some new lighting projects now, as well as the show is being done now with a RGB2 (stage screen), a RGB4 (ceiling/beams) and a 2.5W green yag (beam table/bounce mirror effects). Nice to see what those powers will support in a 3000 seat venue.

http://www.rgblasersystem.com

The show was nice, but looked like an RGB8 or RGB12, over an RGB4 would have really made a difference for the color beam effects. I'll get some photos posted in the next day or so.

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Hey cool I also saw Laser Dave and the Paramount peoples here last week. Not what I expected as I've gone year after year to this show. That green was a bit of a flashlight. Like 4-5"'dia beam whoo hooo.
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Don't want to hijack or side track the thread too much but I'm pretty sure RGB Lasersystems are what Ministry SK were using in the other thread I posted the video in.

Its also intersting to note that their RGB2 white balance is very similar to my target balance on Chroma they have 800 -640, 600 - 532, 450 - 455. My target balance was 800 - 640, 500 - 532, 500 - 457.

Would have loved to have seen these in action and I hope you enjoyed the show despite the solid state switch.

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

The use of the SkeetaSkrim this year was fantastic. I also noted that Tim Walsh~ president of ILDA had affiliation with this production. Decent show though. They did 2 Shows~~ Pink & the Spirit of Michael Jackson.
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST