Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ILDA playback (or anything of that sort)

Default ILDA playback (or anything of that sort)

maybe i am just being silly, or lazy but i searched a bit and could not find much. the topic is ilda frames stored on some sort of solid state medium, available for playback in a projector, no laptops, no other software needed. something like a set and forget thingy.

of course, it is terribly unwise to run a laser "unattended" and this is not what is wanted in this case. This means that one is absolutely familiar beforehand with the frames he/she has dumped in the sd card, has solid knowledge of the dimenions of every scanned frame for the specific projection area each time and has made absolutely sure that none of this will scan the crowd.

the way i think about this is not as a replacement for a proper dac and software, just like a back up, or a filler for the time before the main event, or an auto pilot in case dubstep happens and you have to run and climb up a tree

the pt-itrust card has some built in-frames, but is generally "not-so-good".
    a dac with a built in flash drive could do the job really nicely but is generally "too-good-for-the-job"

i am just looking for the in-between alternative (if any)

anyone care to share thoughts / arguments / discussion?
    "its called character briggs..."

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the j4dac (etherdream) will play ilda shows and audio ilda (from ADAT) files from a microSD card. you can control show playback via OSC from your cell phone/ipad/computer/toaster, etc..

http://ether-dream.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    maybe i am just being silly, or lazy but i searched a bit and could not find much. the topic is ilda frames stored on some sort of solid state medium, available for playback in a projector, no laptops, no other software needed. something like a set and forget thingy.

of course, it is terribly unwise to run a laser "unattended" and this is not what is wanted in this case. This means that one is absolutely familiar beforehand with the frames he/she has dumped in the sd card, has solid knowledge of the dimenions of every scanned frame for the specific projection area each time and has made absolutely sure that none of this will scan the crowd.

the way i think about this is not as a replacement for a proper dac and software, just like a back up, or a filler for the time before the main event, or an auto pilot in case dubstep happens and you have to run and climb up a tree

the pt-itrust card has some built in-frames, but is generally "not-so-good".
    a dac with a built in flash drive could do the job really nicely but is generally "too-good-for-the-job"

i am just looking for the in-between alternative (if any)

anyone care to share thoughts / arguments / discussion?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hi Chris,
    Your friendly neighborhood laser show hardware manufacturer may have just what you are looking for.

http://www.eyemagic.gr/laser-magic-box.html

Good luck
    Kit

Sergey also has a dead simple standalone playback tool on his thread (http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...2-My-lasersoft), I would recommend the eitherdream for most applications though

oh, i know all about my friendly neighbour, i just feel (out of respect for this piece of tech) that it should not be "wasted" on such a simple use, like the one i am discussing here

just imagine what this nice little gadget could do in a big LEM (i'm thinking compatibility across all platforms, unlimited export to ilda etc etc etc)

Fb3 SE? (15 chars)
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Fb3 SE? (15 chars)
    That's almost twice as expensive as an Etherdream.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    That's almost twice as expensive as an Etherdream.
    A couple others:

Showtacle has a couple items. One is an SD-ILDA player. Another is a laser show jukebox that actually plays music and has DMX capabilities.

Some of the RIYA adapters have SD support, also.

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post
    Sergey also has a dead simple standalone playback tool on his thread (http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...2-My-lasersoft), I would recommend the eitherdream for most applications though

wow... threads from the past like this one make me feel sorry for my lack of skill and contribution to this forum... and six pages into the read, here pops up this post http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...425#post126425 thanks krazer!!

i also found a PL thread from 2008 http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...lda-controller for added variety to this one

i wander, did that riya show controller ever get released?

i also found medialas megaplay along showtacle sd to ilda
    the smaller riya multibus micro is a nice alternative too
    there is also something from jm laser if i am not mistaken
    Last edited by LaNeK779; 02-26-2012 at 16:20.

The riya multibus-micro has an sd-card slot and a start and stop button. I believe you can get other controls for them, in addition to all of those listed above.

0.02$

Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.