Thread: Viasho users - can you help?

Default Viasho users - can you help?

As its Chinese New Year, I probably won't get an answer from Frank in a hurry so just wondered if anyone else can advise me.

I have a 1W 532 with the big PSU/driver. If i put it on TTL- the laser comes on, and I can adjust the output using the knob on the front.
    At ~4A I get ~1watt out the front.

If I then switch to analogue modulation, the front panel knob doesn't appear to do anything (e.g. I turn it but nothing seems to happen), and the output never gets above 2A and ~450mW with full on beam.

Does anyone elses experience match this?
    Is there a way to adjust the analogue output, or is this fixed? I'm going to see if feeding >5v has any effect.

At the moment my 300mW Laserwaves are looking as good...

Adam
    the pot should work just the same to set the max power with 5V on mod in. So if you back it off you will just shift the max point but should have normal analogue modulation to that point.
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Hmm, well if I back the pot right off so the laser is off in TTL-, I can still get 2A out of it on analogue modulation. Turning the pot doesn't seem to increase the end point at all.

I think what i need to do is wind it up to 4A in TTL- mode then switch to analogue and see what happens.

I wonder if this unit has been 'enhanced' with in its previous life, its Dan's old one, but I don't know who had it before that.

I need to do some proper tests, but unfortunately my daughter is sleeping in my 'workshop' whilst we have some visitors staying so my windows of opportunity are a bit limited for the next few days.

Ok, quick update.

In analogue mode the knob has no effect whatsoever, so this must be able to be set elsewhere.

If I attach 5v directly to mod lines I get 4.33A on the front display (which is actually a bit too high, from testing on TTL, the best current is 4.1A otherwise it seems to drop power).

Ok, it seems that some of the power issues are software related. The relevant authorities have been contacted...