Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Need help finishing up my projector

then you really are mistaken it can decrease power a lot.
    also camera lens cleaner isn't really clean enough you need like purusol or first contact
    (Purusol is a molecular cleaner and it's not super expensive, look on ebay).
    purusol and those really soft clothes you can get at the optician (opticien).
    Don't use anything else or you'll make tiny scratches on the lens.
    I heard other methodes then first contact and purusol still leave stains on the glass (but you don't see them, but they are there).
    Thus decreasing ur output.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    then you really are mistaken it can decrease power a lot.
    also camera lens cleaner isn't really clean enough you need like purusol or first contact
    (Purusol is a molecular cleaner and it's not super expensive, look on ebay).
    purusol and those really soft clothes you can get at the optician (opticien).
    Don't use anything else or you'll make tiny scratches on the lens.
    I heard other methodes then first contact and purusol still leave stains on the glass (but you don't see them, but they are there).
    Thus decreasing ur output.
    Thanks but still 50% is a bit exaggerated.
    Il try to buy that stuff, can it also be used on galvo mirrors and dichro's? Or is it better to use dry air?
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

Believe me it's not exaggerated, also: why risk this kind of power loss? The lesser power u lose, the more u got.
    Also the more powerfull modules you have .. the more wattage you will lose.

Purusol can be used on dichro's too yes, it can also clean scanner mirrors... but please be carefull as hell.
    one thing.. be sure you get that soft cloth from the optician and do NOT! i repeat DO NOT use regular cloths to clean, you will microscopicly scratch your dichro's and lose even more power.
    that's why you shouldn't clean to often, the less cleaning the lesser the risk you fuckup
    Also store the purosol well.. because it stinks and is biodegradable (biologisch afbreekbaar)

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Believe me it's not exaggerated, also: why risk this kind of power loss? The lesser power u lose, the more u got.
    Also the more powerfull modules you have .. the more wattage you will lose.

Purusol can be used on dichro's too yes, it can also clean scanner mirrors... but please be carefull as hell.
    one thing.. be sure you get that soft cloth from the optician and do NOT! i repeat DO NOT use regular cloths to clean, you will microscopicly scratch your dichro's and lose even more power.
    that's why you shouldn't clean to often, the less cleaning the lesser the risk you fuckup
    Also store the purosol well.. because it stinks and is biodegradable (biologisch afbreekbaar)
    Cant find it on ebay, same with first contact wich brings up star trek stuff.

LOLOLOL

Just a moment pal i provide you the same link where i got it from.

First contact is the best but very expensive for us both, though you only need to use it like once a year.. but still.

here ya go pall: http://cgi.ebay.nl/PUROSOL-Optical-C...item27b5998010

Also i think rob stanwax sels first contact, at least someone from PL did. there's a site for buying first contact but let me tell u, it's an expensive bottle ;p

And how do i apply that stuff? Thanks for the correct name:-P
    Just put it on such a glass clean clothe and rub?(for lenses glasses ect)
    Then maybe rewhipe with a dry glass clean clothe?
    Or...?

Still i doubt it will gain more then 10% of mW after cleaning my dichro's for the first time(and galvo mirrors)

Spray and wipe with a dry 100% microfiber cloth.
    it needs to be 100% so that's why i recommend getting this from an optician and NOT from the internet.
    90% and you risk scratching things.
    also be carefull when whiping.

You can order First contact from ROb Stanwax (www.stanwax.co.uk) here is the link:

http://shop.stanwaxlaser.co.uk/first...iclean-1-p.asp

There you go, just apply with the nailpolish-like brush, leave to dry for at least 20min, carefully take of and be amazed!

They did a test once where they let someone clean there glass or a lens as clean as possible, then put on First contact like a letter D.
    Let it to dry and then take if off, you could clearly see a letter D where the glass or lens was cleaner then the stuff around it.
    Hence they called it the D-Test (and my first name has nothing to do with this!!!).

So yes dirty windows (from Smoke fluid !!!) can really destroy your output powers. I have seen dirty mirrors and dichro's account to a loss up to 250mW in total on my 1.8W projector!
    So maybe not 50% but a helluva lot !
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

time to get a hazer! because my fogger likely makes my glass really filthy