Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help finishing up my projector

Default Need help finishing up my projector

I expected this coming ^^
    it was a great LEm and everyone was not very but EXTREMLY helpful to me

but now i do need some help finishing up this projector.
    for example the PT-ITRUST board, wich is connected to the galvo's...it has a slot for the cable that (according to the manual) is for power in.
    i have the cable, but cant find where that cable should go.
    Here is the manual of both the PT-30K and PT-ITRUST:
    http://www.phenixtechnology.com/en/down.asp

And here are some images:
    http://gdteam.net/images/lasers/proj...hing/index.php

photo 1 shows the galvo PSU...and 2 letters "L & N" and a mark. i did not get the cables to connect to those parts...but i have alot cables left from the old galvos.
    If i strip them until copper is left, connect them beneath those screws....then where should those cables go to?

photo 2 shows the galvo drivers...with both 2 cable slots left wich says "power out" according to the manual. again, i have the cables....but where should they go to?

photo 3 also shows 1 cable slot left....the power in, according to the manual.
    I have the cable, but where should it go to?

photo 4 shows the complete projector as it is now.

If any photos or video's are required, do tell me. i will gladly make them because i really need the help.

Thanks!
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

L and N are the Live (usually brown in UK) and Neutral (usually blue in UK) for the mains power input. There should also be a ground/GND (usually yellow/green stripe)
    I would suggest if you aren't clear on what these are, you get someone to do it for you. Don't mess around with 230 volts....

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    L and N are the Live (usually brown in UK) and Neutral (usually blue in UK) for the mains power input. There should also be a ground/GND (usually yellow/green stripe)
    I would suggest if you aren't clear on what these are, you get someone to do it for you. Don't mess around with 230 volts....
    mmh, what about a sort of tutorial? surely someone must have placed a video or photos showing the cables connected to the galvo PSU and to the....whatever it goes to.
    if its a good tutorial it should be simple enough. hobbybob tried to explain, but i cant remember he saying how and/or where the other end of the cables should go to.

Thanks!

Well, I'm sure someone 'could'. However, I'm not sure if people would want to put themselves in a position where they advise you to mess with something you aren't sure of, and then you electrocute yourself.

I've told you the common colours you should be looking for, and where they come from, if you can't figure out which wires we are dealing with, I don't think you should be messing - but thats just my opinion.

freekin' shit town i'm living in. called 3 elektronica stores in the neighbourhood and no one wanted to help as soon i said it is about a laser projector.
    i said it was constructed already, but some parts needed power.

but i couldnt tell them more since i dont know what to do as well...

I am not sure if this is still true, but the US sound equipment I worked on in the 80's was white neutral, black active!!!!
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    freekin' shit town i'm living in. called 3 elektronica stores in the neighbourhood and no one wanted to help as soon i said it is about a laser projector.
    i said it was constructed already, but some parts needed power.

but i couldnt tell them more since i dont know what to do as well...
    I know the store stuut en bruin would if they get the chance.
    I remember showing a diagram there once and surprising they guessed it was a dac for a alser projector.
    (Yeah at that time I was trying to build a very cheap dac with the use of one of my laptop's LPT port).
    problem was back then that I wasn't able to find those MOT1 steppers anymore

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    I know the store stuut en bruin would if they get the chance.
    I remember showing a diagram there once and surprising they guessed it was a dac for a alser projector.
    (Yeah at that time I was trying to build a very cheap dac with the use of one of my laptop's LPT port).
    problem was back then that I wasn't able to find those MOT1 steppers anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by their website
    Op 29 januari 2011 zal Stuut en Bruin haar deuren sluiten.
    Wegens enorm succes nog 1 maand verlenging tot en met:
    26 februari 2011
    Na 63 jaar komt er een einde aan onze dienstverlening.
    Dankzij uw vertrouwen hebben wij 63 jaar lang deze winkel
    met veel plezier kunnen runnen.
    Directie en personeel van S & B
    and its to far away as well for going there for a matter of connecting some cables...(at least i think thats the case)

can someone translate the text norty said into dutch, and make it more advanced?
    This way i can maybe ask a technician in our family to help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    and its to far away as well for going there for a matter of connecting some cables...
    WOA Stuut en bruin is stopping?
    damm that was quite an usefull store and they sold soldering irons from velleman at a good price.
    They also had nice people giving me some extra stuff like some extra soldering tin.
    Sucks, now I have to find a different electronics store in the hague *as I live near the hague*

thanks though borgqueen.
    I will head over to stuut & bruin very soon and also get some stuff I might need for later.
    + try and see if they are selling stuff on huge discount or literally want to get rid of it.
    Some nice electronics on the cheap or really low priced sure are welcome.