Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SoCaLEM 2011 SwapMeet

Default SoCaLEM 2011 SwapMeet

This thread is to discuss trades/etc at the 2011 SoCaLEM
    please try to keep discussion on topic!

I have plenty of Ca$io projectors (XJA130, XJA140, and a few XJA230 HD ones), if anyone wants a red only or 'half the blue diodes missing' type mods let me know and I can have them ready for you. http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...nly-Projectors

I also will have 445nm diodes (binned by power and wavelength now!) available.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...f-A130-vs-A140
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...p-445nm-Diodes

Default Anybody have a spare table? Im gonna need one....=)

I will have 3 Spectra Physics model 82-2 and 1 model 82-3 he ne bare plasma tubes,the two 82s are used,and the -3 looks unused. these are the tubes used in the model 107 & 127 25 & 35 mw He-Nes. the getter spots are good,ones faded on the edges,no white,one the getter material is ripply and flaking slightly
    I will have a holography system.Pics are in the holography section.
    3 ocean optics red tide spectrometers, 1 Ocean optics USB 4000 spectrometer complete system minus the software.
    1 Coherent Novus argon plasma tube,a pull from a coherent novus med system. the tube lases. Good for pulsed, low duty cycle as the magnet is *not*water cooled.
    4 Uniphase 155 SL He-Ne lasers (looks like a SP 155) they put out about 3 mw each. units are new, unboxed. My company scrapped the units since they no longer sell that style.
    1 Spectra Physics 2670 remote control (for a 2010 or 2015 system).
    I am looking for trades(air cooled argons, or high powered diode systems red and green, or someone willing to complete my projector (all the wiring and connecting).
    I suppose cash works too.... =)
    Will there be three phase!!!!

I'll have "CDRH-compliant" key switches, as well as interlock switches for anyone interested.

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

This is what I've got:

http://lumensreview.com/uploads/1002...1_23.25.33.jpg
    bigger pic here ^

That MG tube on the bottom is function but has had its leads snipped off. the front cap has also come off. If anyone is interested in cutting open the can and getting the tube out they can have it gratis.

The middle handheld is a jetlasers 300mW green.

the glowy tubes are radioactive tritium tubes - harmless though.

I also run a flashlight webstore - opened last month! ( http://www.illuminationsupply.com ) if anyone is interested in anything I'll bring it.
    Last edited by csshih; 02-02-2011 at 01:11.

Quote Originally Posted by csshih View Post
    This is what I've got:

snip
    the glowy tubes are radioactive tritium tubes - harmless though.
    snip
    Tritium light sources are “harmless” assuming the glass tube is intact. If you break one then the fun starts. Nuclear Regulatory Commission style fun. Bioassays, cleanup, and forms oh my. I wouldn’t want to be you (or Jon for that matter) trying to explain why you thought you didn’t need a NRC license to play with tritium…

brian

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    Tritium light sources are “harmless” assuming the glass tube is intact. If you break one then the fun starts. Nuclear Regulatory Commission style fun. Bioassays, cleanup, and forms oh my. I wouldn’t want to be you (or Jon for that matter) trying to explain why you thought you didn’t need a NRC license to play with tritium…

brian
    Brian - I suggest you do a bit more research into tritium, they are relatively harmless, even when ingested, which is rather unlikely. I'd be concerned over the shards of glass then.
    Regulated? sure - but only the purchase of the material.

watches, gun sights, those both sometimes have tritium. these just happen to be bigger.

Brian - I suggest you do a bit more research into tritium, they are relatively harmless, even when ingested, which is rather unlikely. I'd be concerned over the shards of glass then.
    Regulated? sure - but only the purchase of the material.

watches, gun sights, those both sometimes have tritium. these just happen to be bigger.
    I work for a military manufacturer. We have a NRC license to work with Tritium, and as part of that license I’m trained and tested every year. We work exclusively with tritium in sealed glass vials like the ones you have. We take it seriously. Whatever your opinion of the relative safety of tritium exposure – there are regulations and the reason small sources are sold without a license is the small amount of tritium reduces the magnitude of exposure – as you pointed out yours are bigger...

brian

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i don't have a lot of surplus laser related items, but i do have a pretty extensive collection of minerals and fossils if people are interested in that sort of thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	some-rocks.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	209.2 KB 
ID:	23379
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    I work for a military manufacturer. We have a NRC license to work with Tritium, and as part of that license I’m trained and tested every year. We work exclusively with tritium in sealed glass vials like the ones you have. We take it seriously. Whatever your opinion of the relative safety of tritium exposure – there are regulations and the reason small sources are sold without a license is the small amount of tritium reduces the magnitude of exposure – as you pointed out yours are bigger...

brian
    noted. I apologize, I was under the impression that you were "crying wolf' because I mentioned radioactivity - seems there are quite a few more, shall I say, "industry" people who actually work with materials like these. rather uncommon on other forums, really. I am sorry for questioning your knowledge.

while I do not question your background, I believe I am safe to say that unless deliberately inhaled, tritium doesn't really pose a risk, even in these large vials, as it dissipates quickly. (and if inhaled, passes through the body as tritiated water)

noted. I apologize, I was under the impression that you were "crying wolf' because I mentioned radioactivity - seems there are quite a few more, shall I say, "industry" people who actually work with materials like these. rather uncommon on other forums, really. I am sorry for questioning your knowledge.

while I do not question your background, I believe I am safe to say that unless deliberately inhaled, tritium doesn't really pose a risk, even in these large vials, as it dissipates quickly. (and if inhaled, passes through the body as tritiated water)
    About 50% of tritiated water passes through the body in ten days - which only leaves the other 50%. Do you even know how many curies of tritium you have there?

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so.
    - Will Rogers