Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying, buying, buying, buying, buying, buying

Default Buying, buying, buying, buying, buying, buying

I am getting stuff togeather to build a 3w RGB or if I can swing it, a 5w RGB depending on the prices on all the stuff I need to do this with. I need every thing from hoist to apature window.
    What I do have is a small fist full of yen, 3 x 445's and a set of 30kpps scanners from deep china and a yernning burn to do It.

Need: Red L/D Modules, L/D Green Modules, analog modulation drivers for them. Will make it FDACDHR compliant of corse so need all that neat stuff as well (adjustable apature mask, safety interlocks, remote key switch, ect, ect, ect.
    Please see what you can do, I really whant this to happen!

Thanks,
    BEAMANN
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Default Hi Beamann

Quote Originally Posted by beamann View Post
    I am getting stuff togeather to build a 3w RGB or if I can swing it, a 5w RGB depending on the prices on all the stuff I need to do this with. I need every thing from hoist to apature window.
    What I do have is a small fist full of yen, 3 x 445's and a set of 30kpps scanners from deep china and a yernning burn to do It.

Need: Red L/D Modules, L/D Green Modules, analog modulation drivers for them. Will make it FDACDHR compliant of corse so need all that neat stuff as well (adjustable apature mask, safety interlocks, remote key switch, ect, ect, ect.
    Please see what you can do, I really whant this to happen!

Thanks,
    BEAMANN
    Hi Beamann,

This is Ayuki from CNI. We can provide red and green laser modules for laser show application. Please feel free to visit our website www.cnilaser.com. If you feel interest in any of our products, please do not hesitate to e-mail me market@cnilaser.com.

All the best,

Ayuki

How much green are ya looking for? I have a bunch.

Smile

Hey Dan;

Based on my discussions with Emory, he's probably looking at a watt of 532...

Adam

Ok cool, I have a 1W LaserWave green here I can get you for $1,250. Includes the head, driver and power supply. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

Default Thanks

Thanks guys for your intrest and help, I am trying to get enough deals to swing a 5 Watt RG.B, If not then a 3 Watt RGB.

I found in Texas a laser module system that is a 650Nm @>1000Mw but is TTL modulation. I was wondering if this would be werth the buy and then upgrade it to anolog modulation.
    He has six units at $600. each, all brand new never been used and gearuteed for a year.
    the things I have Q's on is the TTL to Analog upgrade and how to knife edge two units togeather to get what I need for the five watt build. I see that this info lists the modulation as anolog, but on the phone he said TTL, I'll have to call him in the morning to verify what It Is. So give me your thoughts guys.
    thanks,

650nm 1000mw module SPECS:
    1000mw 650nm RED laser Diode with Analogue Modulation
    1000mw 650nm RED laser Diode is made features of ultra compact, long lifetime and easy operating, used in laser lighting show, measurement, spectrum analysis, etc.
    Wavelength (nm)
    650±10
    Output power (mW)
    >1000
    Transverse mode
    Near TE00
    Operating mode
    CW
    Power stability (rms, over 4 hours)
    <5%
    Warm-up time (minutes)
    <5
    M2 factor
    <20
    Beam divergence, full angle (mrad)
    <2.5
    Dimensions of beam at the aperture (mm)
    ~5×8
    Beam height from base plate (mm)
    25. 5
    Polarization ratio
    >50:1
    Pointing stability after warm-up (mrad)
    <0.05
    Operating temperature ()
    10~35
    Power supply
    90-264VAC or 5VDC
    Analog modulation
    10kHz
    Expected lifetime (hours)
    Warranty
    1 year

Emory, that 650 has a beam about the size of a maglight flashlight. The price sounds pretty good but the beam is big (what you save in money you will lose on the galvo mirror) *and* it will still have to be converted to analog.

Just my thoughts.....

Doug is right - forget that 650 nm laser, Emory. It's completely inadequate for your needs. The beam is so large that even a single beam won't fit on the scanners. Thus knife-edging isn't an option, since that would only make the beam larger, and it already doesn't fit. Plus the divergence is 2.5 mrad, which means even a single beam is going to get really fat, really fast!

No, the laser you're looking for is the 1.2 watt Kvant 642 nm red. For the class of projector you're building (3 plus watts RGB, graphics capable), it's really the best laser for red. Yeah, I know it's expensive, but you *need* a tight red beam for your projector.

Adam

Default to the board

@ Buffo, MopHead,
    Thanks guys, I won't be buying any componet for th RGB project, without the boards aproval first. I whant the best that I can do for best money planing to get done what I need;
    Thanks keep it comming,
    EPP

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hey Beamann,

Adam is right. Stay away from the 650 for what you want to build. I had to face that cold hard reality just a few weeks ago and went with the Kvant 1.2. It's nearly half the cost of other remaining projector parts. (Think thousands...) But, you should be much more satisfied with it than if you go cheap. Talk to Marc at CT Lasers.

~Brad

Oh... and Dan, I may be interested in one of the 1 watt green LaserWave's assuming you have more than one.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 02-04-2011 at 04:44.