Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy 24 blue 445nm diodes

Default Looking to buy 24 blue 445nm diodes

Hello guys , I,m looking for someone who can deliver 24 blue A-140 diodes.

If anyone has knows a reliable supplier that would be great

why dont you just buy a whole projector?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Hello guys , I,m looking for someone who can deliver 24 blue A-140 diodes.

If anyone has knows a reliable supplier that would be great
    Like any_con posted...
    It will be a lot less expensive if you buy a complete A-140 projector
    and you will have a lot of neat stuff as an extra...

Jerry
    Last edited by lasersbee; 03-14-2011 at 18:50. Reason: spelling errors
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

I've got plenty in stock, PM me if you're interested

Thanks guys,whats the best place to buy a projector?

It is obvious that you have the skill needed to harvest these yourself. I am assuming that this is an attempt to avoid VAT and higher cost per projector in your country.

I have no problem with that. Unfortunately the tax law change that went into effect here this year will add to the cost anyway.

Starting this year, any payment in excess of $600 will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), by the financial institute (PayPal, Google Checkout, Credit card companies, etc.) as income.

The bottom line here is that the money you pay me will be taxed at ~27%. This is a hobby for me. I do not run business records and/or licenses. That means that I cannot write off the cost to me. I will be taxed on the full amount.

Along with the problem of PayPal fees already, you will end up paying ~30% above the cost of the projector BEFORE I make any money for my effort or you pay for the shipping.

I do not know what your import tax rate is, but unless I am mistaken, you will probably do just as well by buying these projectors yourself and harvesting the diodes

Projectors can be had from eBay, and MANY online stores. Just do a quick Google search. You will find more sources than you can look at If you are a bit patient, you can even get an occasional "deal."

Peace,
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by daguin View Post
    Starting this year, any payment in excess of $600 will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), by the financial institute (PayPal, Google Checkout, Credit card companies, etc.) as income.
    no

to get reported to the IRS from paypal you must:

receive more than $20,000 in payment volume in a single year; and
    receive more than 200 payments in a single year.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    no

to get reported to the IRS from paypal you must:

receive more than $20,000 in payment volume in a single year; and
    receive more than 200 payments in a single year.
    The $600 threshold came as an add-on to the healthcare bill. You are right about it not being PayPal, though. It is not really the financial institute that does this. (sorry. poor memory) The business selling me the projector will be required to collect my tax data AND send me a form 1099 misc. That business is required to report all of those form 1099 misc's to the IRS or I am required to send form 1099 misc's to those that paid me.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/05/smal...re_tax_change/

Her firm already recommends collecting tax data on all vendors, since the IRS requires that you have it on hand at the time of the transaction, not just at tax-filing time. And eliminating the corporate and goods exemptions at least means that businesses will no longer have to pour over every transaction to determine if it needs a 1099. The new rule is simpler: If it crosses the $600 threshold, it's in.

http://www.ehow.com/how_13664_know-issue-1099.html (How to determine if you need to send a form 1099 misc)

Calculate if you paid $600 or more during the tax year in the course of your trade or business to an individual or partnership. Professional fees to an attorney, doctor or other professional are included. Payments to corporations are included only if they are for medical, health care, legal or fishing activities.
    . . . .

Issue 1099-MISCs if you have or manage a trade or business and have paid $600 or more to an individual or partnership (or certain corporations) or have paid $10 or more in royalties.
    . . .
    Determine that you paid $600 or more in compensation for services rendered by a nonemployee to your trade or business. Include the gross amount of payments in box 7, including anything you paid the contractor for supplies and materials.

I am afraid that many, many, many small businesses are going to be caught flatfooted with this.

It would be pretty hard to argue that I bought 20 projectors for personal use

Spread it around. Keep it small.

Peace,
    dave

**EDIT** We have been discussing how this is going to affect Group Buys as well
    Last edited by daguin; 02-01-2011 at 13:19.

The a-140s is about 1050 euros brand new here in sweden..
    Since we both are in eu there should not be any extra tax to the already included 25% .. or am i wrong?
    What is the cost for them over in netherlands?
    Germany usually has nice prices on electronics...

Edit: Dont mind me, check this link:
    http://www.beamershop24.nl/casio-bea...o-xj-a140.html
    Last edited by DjMagnus; 02-01-2011 at 13:20. Reason: the germans... and the link to .nl

843 EURO in Netherlands:

http://www.twenga.nl/prijs-XJ-A140-C...eamer-571159-0

that's 35 euro per diode *and you get lotsa nice mirrors, lenses, LED, fans etc
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.