Thread: 244 nm UV CW laser

Default 244 nm UV CW laser

Hello I'm new at the forum.

I've searched the internet for information about a Deep UV CW laser. I need such a laser to do Raman spectroscopy on a Renishaw machine. I was thinking to use something like the LEXEL™ 95-SHG LASER, but i guess it is out of my price range (maybe 1000 to 5000 $).

Does anybody know if it is possible to get a 244 nm CW laser in this price range (Used is fine). I guess I need 10 - 50 mW at least to run with my system.

We actually have a 488 laser. So we are also looking into frequency doubling that. It is however not an option to open that laser and place a crystal directly in the cavity.

I found a wavetrain frequency doubler that seems like it could do the job.

http://www.newport.com/WaveTrain-CW-...3/catalog.aspx

I written to there sales department but they does not answer. Anybody know what the price of such a unit is, or an alternative solution, that can work for a CW laser. We need some effiency, that is at least 5-10 procent.

hope someone can help

Does it need to be *exactly* 244 nm, or will any deep-UV source work?
    The 25 mW Klastech Verve (266 nm quadrupled DPSS YAG) sounds like it will work for your application. I'm not sure how much it'll run you, though.

Default Deep UV means deep pockets

Hi,
    Sorry but all deep UV lasers are somewhat expensive. The cheapest may be the He gold or HeNe silver pulsed gas lasers available now from B+W Tek but these are now CW. HeCd is available at 325 but deep UV DPSS are still expensive. Phil, 142laser
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Would 355nm work? You can get either a TEA N2 laser (usually <$1000, super high pulse power, at rep rate in the 10hz range) or a THG DPSS laser (also pulsed, but at 5-10KHz).

There are a good number of Laser Export 355nm lasers around in the ~$1000 price range, see http://www.krazerlasers.com/lasers/347QT/

I have one, but it is in pretty sorry shape and I doubt it will ever put out more than a mw or two.