Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SoCaLEM 2011 'Rigs n Gigs' Thread...

Default SoCaLEM 2011 'Rigs n Gigs' Thread...

Hey Kats -

OK, this is the 'Who is bringing What?' thread, both 'gear-wise' and 'show-wise' (if you want to play anything 'specific'...) to the LEM.... This way, we can at least *attempt* to be somewhat 'organized' about who / what is gonna go-down, when...dig?...

..ok, sure, I'll start - I am bringing this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03752.JPG 
Views:	693 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	23381

...and planning to play at least 'DSOTM' and Led Zeppelin, and possibly also Beatles and/or 'Laser Amazement' shows by Laserium... if we're 'lucky-enough', we just-might get some one the "LLLs" (Legendary Laserium Laserists to actually perform... I'll be honored just to play alongside / watch, if-so...

Will also have 2x 3W greens, stands, 20' x 30' scrim, flown, and *plenty* o' bounce-mirrors... Also, possibly can-do demos on QuickShow, LivePro, (if-interested) and Full Auto, for any of you that use it...

Your turn...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

1W RGB with QM.net here.

3 watt DPSS 532nm projector w/ DT40s, FB3 here.

jeebusness!......
    Makes me wonder if I should bring my he ne/argon setup......
    Jon, can yah cram the purelight star in your rig? =)
    Will there be three phase!!!!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Two swami special lumia boxes.
    50mw 488nm argon

and one sugeek/swami 1am collaboration lumia box o' doom.
    Last edited by swamidog; 02-03-2011 at 23:03.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Oh god.
    I have driven that truck. Lots of feeder, hoses, water, three phase, stuff, controllers, cable, schlepping heavy stuff, parking, little sleep, laserscope..........
    I miss it. I wish I could make it.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

I am going to bring my micro projector http://www.krazerlasers.com/lasers/rgb_projector/ but I don't have any real laser gear to bring down.

I don't have any large projectors. I have one small one, but it ain't in y'all's class and I have no real "shows" for it yet.

Is there any interest in seeing some of the more rare HeNe colors, Green, Yellow, Orange?

I have an IR HeNe, but I do not have a good IR indicator card yet (it's 1150nm), so I haven't taken the time to shoot the bore yet. Right now it's just a lot of plasma (~28in)

How about an HeCd? Should I drag one of these out there?

Is anyone going to want anything measured? Should I bring my H410 (LPM) along?

Peace,
    dave

I'm bringing about 30 vintage lasers & neat old artifacts, but don't have any tables to bring. Maybe along the edge of the stage? A countertop somewhere? Also bringing a rig to poke holes in razor blades with the '62 Hughes ruby. The minivan's bottoming out I think now, so no more, and no heavy power supplies. I want to bring them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    I'm bringing about 30 vintage lasers & neat old artifacts, but don't have any tables to bring. Maybe along the edge of the stage? A countertop somewhere? Also bringing a rig to poke holes in razor blades with the '62 Hughes ruby. The minivan's bottoming out I think now, so no more, and no heavy power supplies. I want to bring them all!
    Tables will be available but you might consider bringing extras if you need a lot of space.

I can't even count how many times I've driven to an event with the rear of my minivan bottomed out.

- Jonathan