Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superbowl lasers missing?

Default Superbowl lasers missing?

Did anyone else notice that the high-wattage lasers from the Superbowl halftime commercials - which were filmed during dress rehearsal - were missing from the actual halftime show?

Anyone know what happened?

We didn't get the commercial over here as it was being shown on BBC, but I did stay up just past the half time show and was surprised that they didn't have any lasers.
    Overall I thought it looked great anyway, the lit suits on the acts and dancers were excellent (Daft Punk have a lot to answer for) and the only real problem seemed to be that part of the floor lighting (right hand part of the V in LOVE) failed at some point.
    I expect the LX was on comms asking the acts to stamp a bit harder... :P

Thumbs down

Considering everything else that went wrong with the show, I'm not surprised. From Christina Aguilera's flub on the National Anthem Lyrics, to her over-the-top warbling, then on to the atrocious half-time show (The Black-eyed Peas? Seriously? Who thought that was a good idea?) with Fergie's mic being off at the start, and then *way* too loud for the rest of the set, then to the butchering of "Sweet Child of Mine", and finally, to the broken stage lighting that was supposed to spell out "Love" but only managed "Lole"...

After all that, the lack of lasers really didn't bother me all that much. The show was so full of suck, I don't think lasers would have made any difference.

Adam

Even lasers wouldn't of helped the half time show. It sucked. And so did almost all of the commercials. Reading the Declaration Of Independence before the game was weird...???

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I was kinda waiting for lasers too. I would have expected to see them during halftime. Adam summed it up so it doesn't need repeating but, the whole thing really was an embarrassment for the NFL. Granted the halftime show is a major technological undertaking in a ridiculously short period of time but, one only needs to look at the preparation and rehearsal that took place for the Stones appearance a couple years ago to see how to do it right. Prince seemed pretty flawless when he performed as well.

I was listening off and on to the half time show from another room, and at one point the singers sounded so bad I thought they had switched it to a karaoke contest or american idol.
    What a big difference from last year. But the game made up for it!!

ya it was pretty horrible, I kinda laughed when the V didn't work... figure it was probably made in China or something lol

the audio guy needs to find a new line of work also

I've seen shows on a cruise better than that. And then when those box head things came out, it was time to change the channel.

Best commercial I saw was from careerbuilder with the monkey's! They always make great commercials. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRKA6QcV8pU

Was it my imagination, or was Usher doing subtle lifting and sort of 'up' motions early when he came on, like he wanted more level in his IEM's or FoH? He did seem very low in the mix

I didn't notice the motions but his mic was pretty much muted...