Thread: PK's Lumia Project

Default PK's Lumia Project

Hello. My name is Patrick and I am fairly new to the forum. I have been a inactive member for about a year now and I am ready to start building.

For my first project I have decided to go with a Lumia laser.

My roomate has been building for a while so I have access to and information on the lasers, diodes, mounts, optics, etc.. but, he has not built a Lumia.

If anyone has information on the best rout (not neccssiarily the cheapest) to building or buying the wheel and motor assyembly, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    PK

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Hi Patrick,

I do a lot of lumia. See: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...mi+makes+lumia

I'm happy to provide assistance. Lumias are fun projects with a large reward for a small effort.

Quote Originally Posted by PKlaze View Post
    Hello. My name is Patrick and I am fairly new to the forum. I have been a inactive member for about a year now and I am ready to start building.

For my first project I have decided to go with a Lumia laser.

My roomate has been building for a while so I have access to and information on the lasers, diodes, mounts, optics, etc.. but, he has not built a Lumia.

If anyone has information on the best rout (not neccssiarily the cheapest) to building or buying the wheel and motor assyembly, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    PK
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Thanks swamidog.

I will contact dslijon about the motor and wheel to see where that takes me....

Thanks again,
    PK

jon is a good guy. you can't go wrong working with him.

if he's out of motors, you can get some here: https://sdp-si.com/eStore/
    https://sdp-si.com/eStore/PartDetail...22&GroupID=222

for decent lumia, even the .5rpm of these motors is a little fast. i recommend building a little speed controller circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by PKlaze View Post
    Thanks swamidog.

I will contact dslijon about the motor and wheel to see where that takes me....

Thanks again,
    PK
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

PKlase...

I'm going to make another batch of glass lumia wheels. These are 4", make a great lumia and come with a new Hankscraft motor (.5 rpm @ 3VDC).

If you or anyone else on the forum is interested, PM me.

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Awesome!

Displacer's lumia wheel/motor kits are excellent. I strongly recommend them. Here's some footage of a projector I made with one of his kits:

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    PKlase...

I'm going to make another batch of glass lumia wheels. These are 4", make a great lumia and come with a new Hankscraft motor (.5 rpm @ 3VDC).

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    PKlase...

Greg
    Gregs motors and wheels are SUPER-- great for the price too.
    1/2 rpm is perfect. You will not be dissapointed.

len