Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diode Doubled 488 Blue via direct SHG by Melles Griot

My next goal is to get a decent amount of blue to complete my RGB solid state projector. Likely better to buy a commercial unit that spend all the $$$$ developing one and possibly learning the hard way.
    I'm only an Engineering- Tech and I have limited time and resources so I don't want to make a career out of mastering all the multi-disciplines required.
    If I could only win a lottery maybe then i could build my own just for the fun of doing it myself.

TTYL
    Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

Does anyone know what kind of crystal these lasers use?
    You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

I think you could get away with using an LBO crystal ( with the right AR coatings of course )but i could be wrong and you'd have to spend a fortune on a PPNL crystal like they use in OPO type lasers such as what Jenoptik make in Germany.

Rick

The only problem is - 488nm looks nice but doesn't look anywhere near as good as 473nm or 457nm..
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

In regards to 488 nM versus 457 or 476nM laser lines. I will leave the beauty of it to the eye of the beholder. I think they are equaly awe inspiring colors and have no preference.

Rick

488 does look brighter than 457... But 457 is a deeper blue. Guess it's a trade-off between more power (but more pastel blue) vs less power (and a blue that is closer to what most people would consider "true" blue.)

476 seems to be a nice compromise... the problem is that blue in general is just too damn expensive.

Adam