Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ILDA Forms A New US Regulatory Committee

Quote Originally Posted by X-Laser View Post
    Well, let me be clear from the outset...

First, I see no reason whatsoever to impose any additional requirements onto laserists. The govt. lacks the resources to enforce those already in place so spending our energy to get something added that will have no real effect is not an efficient use of time.
    could not agree more, you think the problems the government makes are bad, wait till you see their solutions!

Secondly, Our goal is to get into HR386 which has not passed the Senate yet
    that would be cool

Thirdly, I would really like to see clarification on these myriad points of debate. The rules which govern laser usage should, in my option, be clear, consistent, enforceable and properly defined. Until then, none of us can really understand what our civil and/or (yes I hate to say it) criminal liabilities are from the little deviations we all know are so common and without that understanding it is impossible to make informed decisions.

I would like to hear some specific points of confusion and concerns to incorporate them into a draft document of questions to be submitted to CDRH. And anything else yall have cooking...
    make it easier and faster to submit product reports and variance applications and then some people might actually care about CDRH and variances... pretty much every night club with a laser projector down here in South Florida is in violation of probably pretty much everything (pointed into audience putting out a couple watts etc) even projectors installed by ILDA members

if you are obliged to submit all the necessary documents, isn't the bureau obliged to respond you in some specified timeframe? i mean waiting 18 months... i'd probably even lose interest to go on, thumbs up for your patience though

Quote Originally Posted by dzodzo View Post
    if you are obliged to submit all the necessary documents, isn't the bureau obliged to respond you in some specified timeframe? i mean waiting 18 months... i'd probably even lose interest to go on, thumbs up for your patience though
    which is exactly why there are *so* many illegal shows being performed... complying has ridiculous (mostly time) requirements and theres basically no enforcement... tie that in to ignorance (I guarantee you 99% of people buying projectors from eBay have never I even heard of the CDRH or a variance) and you have a formula for disaster

I *really* think that you should look at amateur radio licenses to get an idea of a system that actually works fairly well

there are compliance people at the FCC and "OO's" or official observers which report stuff (illegal activity, etc)