Thread: QS2: possible to copy a Cue from one Workspace to another?

Default QS2: possible to copy a Cue from one Workspace to another?

Hi PL heads,

Just preparing a show at the moment in QS2 and was wandering if anyone knew of a means to be able to copy a Cue from one Workspace to another.

There doesn't appear to be any mechanism to Save a cue to a separate file other than exporting ILDA files which isn't quite the same thing. It would be better to have the native format so that Beat timed oscillations remain tempo independent.

Cheers!

JaseFOS

Right click the cue and copy.

Load up or create a new workspace, right click a blank cue and paste.

Or for a backup as well, right click on the cue and select edit.

Save the cue from the editor to a file (you can save to the file in QS formats this way).

Thats your back up.

To reload to another workspace, open the new workspace, right click on a blank cue space and select import, select your saved cue from its location then click OK. The cue will be imported.

Awesome - thanks for the replies!

I wasn't aware the clipboard would be preserved when closing one workspace to open another.

Also I definitely like the idea of individual file backups. I've managed to stuff up a few favourite Cues already however I've been using Save As versioning to protect myself from mishaps like those.

Any way of dragging and dropping cues?

The suggested method is v-slow as you dont seem to be able to open 2 instances of QS at the same time on the same PC/Lappy?

I would like to be able to make one nice workspace with all my fav cues in but to do it easily and not to have to open and shut QS all the time. It takes ages!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Do you need to copy cues though?

I created a 'lite' version of the QS workspace (to reduce memory use on the PC) just by saving the default workspace as a new name, then deleted out all the non-beam tabs, and then removed all the other cues I didn't want. I guess you just import any custom frames from there.

Thats got to be far quicker than starting with a blank workspace and adding cues from the default one.