Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM 9 scheduled for April 2nd in Tavares, FL!

Thumbs up FLEM 9 scheduled for April 2nd in Tavares, FL!

Hey folks!

Just got confirmation that the boat club meeting room in Tavares is available for the weekend of April 2nd and 3rd. So it's FLEM time again!

I've already reserved the venue. I figure we'll stick with the same schedule that we've always used... Meet on Friday afternoon (April 1st) around 4 PM to load in and set up. Then go out for dinner around 6 PM. Head back to the venue Friday night for some pre-FLEM laser fun, and then have the main event on Saturday, April 2nd, starting at 10 AM. Hopefully a few folks will be willing to come back on Sunday morning to help me clean the place up and put all the tables and chairs back...

We have lots of tables and chairs we can use at the venue. We'll also have access to the 220 V single-phase outlet for the stove in the kitchen, if anyone needs 220V power. Sadly, there is no three-phase power in the building, however.

Remember that the road leading to the venue is easy to miss. It's off of hwy 441, on the right side of the road (assuming you're headed west on 441), just before the dead river bridge. Here's a link to the gallery that shows what you'll see from the bridge if you've gone past the entrance.

So who's up for the next FLEM? Reply with what you'd like to bring...

Adam

PS: I will be bringing my RGB projector, my beam rail projector, my LD-2000 setup (with the touch screen and the novation remote zero), my DMX controller, my large speakers and amp, the mixing board, my large fogger, and my scrim. I'll also bring the black-out curtains for the windows.
    Last edited by buffo; 02-10-2011 at 08:20.

Adam,
    That's the same day as the UKLEM...! I swear one of these days I'll make the trip
    I guess we'll have to have a video link-up should wireless internet permit!

Best of luck!
    +Have a blast!

Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Thumbs up Simultaneous LEMs!

You know, your idea of a video link is actually pretty cool, Dan... I think we can make that happen. At the very least, if we're both broadcasting at the same time, folks can bounce between one LEM and the other!

I'm fairly certain we'll be broadcasting on ustream. Aaron usually sets that up for us.

Adam

I will attempt to make it to this, for once. We'll see how the rest of winter treats me.

- Jonathan

Thumbs up

Cool! Would be great to see you there. It's a much smaller venue, but since everything sets up so fast we have more time to run shows and stuff...

Adam

Awesome! I'm currently scheduled to work that weekend, will see what I can work out with the other guys. I'd say 85% I'll be there. Can't wait!

Thumbs up

I am on call the week after so I should be good also.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

argh, why is it always the first weekend of the month?

Maybe 50/50 or somewhere there-abouts.

Default Sweet! I can't wait.

I plan to be there. I'll be bringing my upgraded RGB projector. I'm getting 660mw of white out according to my Lasercheck. Maybe someone will bring a better watt meter we can use to verify the output.

I can bring my rear-pro screen if you think we need it.
    I also just built a 7'x7' scrim with stands. Although the material I chose don't work very well. Maybe I can improve it before April 2nd.

Chris