Thread: New projection idea from Medialas

Default New projection idea from Medialas

Here's an interesting idea - 2 wide-angle projectors, synchronised together.

http://www.medialas.de/linearray.html

Please don't get me wrong, but is this not a new idea?
    This space for rent.

The fact they've called it 'line array' just made me switch off entirely...

erm so this "line array" will likely require 2/3 scanners?
    This doesn't sound convenient or cost effective in any way.
    also It is nearly 3 or 2 projectors combined right?

I think this does not add up and is not really a good deal considering much more increased cost.
    You can just put 3 or 2 projectors next to each other and have them cross each other, meh.

Another big MEH for medialas, for saying it's a "new" idea, while in fact... it's not.
    Last edited by masterpj; 02-14-2011 at 08:23.

Used to do that with gassers back in the day, see you sent the first order beam from the PCAOM to your first scan set and used a couple of prisms to glue the 0th order 'waste' beam back together (Alignment pain in the arse) which fed the beam table and if not being used for that, the second scan head (Possibly with a GM20 based colour box in there somewhere).

When 5W of white light cost what it did and took the power it did, you did not willingly dump the bit you were not using for the colours in the main scanner unless there was NOTHING interesting to do with it.

Not seen it done much recently as the cost of a scan set has become a MUCH larger component of the cost of a projector, so there is less point.
    Also solid state rigs don't have 'waste' beams in the same way a PCAOM does.

Regards, Dan.

Yeah I think medialas should not promote this as new technology, they should just say.
    We have new projectors for sale.

It's just so MEH.
    talk about running out of idea's so promoting something as new that isn't new seemed them ok?
    Also I wonder what the pricing on those things would be... to my believes: not cheap.

I rather get 3 seperate projectors.
    You can then take either one or all with you, instead of having a big one all the time.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

this is often done for background lumia.

Quote Originally Posted by DMills View Post
    Used to do that with gassers back in the day, see you sent the first order beam from the PCAOM to your first scan set and used a couple of prisms to glue the 0th order 'waste' beam back together (Alignment pain in the arse) which fed the beam table and if not being used for that, the second scan head (Possibly with a GM20 based colour box in there somewhere).

When 5W of white light cost what it did and took the power it did, you did not willingly dump the bit you were not using for the colours in the main scanner unless there was NOTHING interesting to do with it.

Not seen it done much recently as the cost of a scan set has become a MUCH larger component of the cost of a projector, so there is less point.
    Also solid state rigs don't have 'waste' beams in the same way a PCAOM does.

Regards, Dan.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Indeed, lumia, gratings, beam positions, or a second scan head, don't waste the light!

This is actually one of the reasons why a 5W gasser always looked more impressive the a 5W solid state, that gasser was doing something with almost all of the output almost all of the time where the solid state is modulating the entire output.

Regards, Dan.