Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a LEM scheduled for Northeast USA

Default Is there a LEM scheduled for Northeast USA

Hi
    Are there any LEMs scheduled for the Northeast this year?

not that i know of

i tried a few years back but no one seemed interested

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    not that i know of

i tried a few years back but no one seemed interested

Count me in as interested!

A northeast LEM would be great! Every year I jealously look at the other LEM threads and drool at the pictures.

Default The Laserist that say NeLEM

You have the first part started... Now you need to get an idea on dates and a way to keep people from saying "Ni"! Depending on the time, money and the location I may schedule a trip to Boston to visit my brother & borrow his car .

Sorry somebody had to do it.

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 02-15-2011 at 15:18.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Default Location for LEM Northeast NELEM I guess Lets try

I have one place that may work I am not sure what power they have to offer though and the space is kind of tight depending on how many people come no alcohol due to insurance reasons, but we could have local motels for that I get the space for free and would have to see if this would be acceptable to them There is an upper area that I have not been in and I am not sure if its open for public use I need to ask but as I under stand it used to be a theater will look into it. There are also some ball rooms conference rooms in the area as well may be better since they are part of the motels I will inquire about those as well the nice thing about here is the prices are lower than it would be in the cities to pull this off. This would be a central location between NYC and Philadelphia people from Virginia and Maryland could get there pretty easy Boston would be the furthest at over 5 hours I know I just went up there a week ago. Would not be bad for the folks from the Ohio valley right down the PA turnpike a distance though. If we do this it would be nice to do it in the Spring or Summer so now is the time to look into it please let us know if you are interested by replying to this Post

Default Post for tracking-purposes...

PS - I'd be happy to look-into a large space (room about 30' x 130' w/ 25' ceilings, former Fitness-place...) at our NY shop-location in Rochester, that could likely be-had for a 'song' (like probably 4/5-hundred quid, tops... and there's plenty of 'support' (sound, lasers, water, 3Ø, 110, mirrors, etc, etc) there, since that's our East-coast hub.... buut a) My exact spring/summer work / show sched is very-difficult to predict, right now and b) not sure if NE'sters would wanna come all the way 'up' to Roch... but I am sure we could laser and fog and crank sound all we wanted, even for a 3-dayer, and no-one would give a care... So, a 'potential option', fwiw...

ciao
    j

PS - ...and you know the t-shirts would be cool
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

i also have access to a few venues in NYC and some in Brooklyn

a few large event spaces and a few clubs

i also have access to sound lights and video

Count me in as interested, against all financial logic.

I'm always on the market to return to the NY/NJ area and reconnect with family as a fringe benefit. (both sides are from New Jersey)

-Jonathan

Default NELEM Update

I have checked with the local hotel RAMADA INN and they have a nice ball room for 375 per day and also meeting break our rooms for 95 per day not really that bad price wise we would need commitments from people we could have a vendor day and they may be able to offset the cost by sponsering the event. I was thinking get the ball room for Saturday do the Vendor area from 10:00am till 2pm then reset for evening presentations by who ever wants to show off there stuff doors would open at 6:00pm and and we could go till 11pm something like that. Also if we can get some people who want to do some hands on training sessions we could do those Friday afternoon renting the two break our rooms for this. Any way I am trying to keep the interest going here we need more people to show interest though. Please suggest Dates I am thinking late Spring early summer we need to find out schedules so we can get the maximum amount of people. Rooms would be around 90 a night at the RAMADA there are lower cost motels as well.