Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post your variance, produce report, and show report questions here

Does anyone know of a way to find out the status of a variance application? We submitted almost a year ago, with no reply yet...

Sorta. They're public records, so if your variance, like mine, was silently approved and you never received a letter saying so, you can look up the status based on your docket #. You should've received one or two responses from FDA early on (10-15 days after submittal) stating that your application was received and containing a docket number. If the docket # looks like 2014-V-xxxx then that would become your variance # once the app is approved.

Try googling: FDA-<your docket # here>

You should see at least something get kicked back... Good luck!

THANX Rick nice to know that..
    subbing
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I think these questions are more aimed at manufacturers who are going to be making more than one. The CDRH wants to know how the manufacturer has designed their sourcing, manufacturing, testing, QC and change control processes so that every unit produced is compliant. You'll be making your case as to why these regulations do not apply to your projector in your product variance (which you can submit at the same time as your product report).

Also, the FDA has a program for electronic submission of your product report and variance, your laser show report and variance AND your show reports:

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/ForIndu.../UCM162419.pdf
    ^^^^THIS post is quite old and ATM does not work..

anybody got a good link?

OOPS
    MY BAD
    it works-had to reload twice-thanx robin
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 12-26-2014 at 15:11.
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-