Thread: Vintage Laser Auction Action

Default Vintage Laser Auction Action

I usually find myself the only bidder on the old lasers I see on Ebay, except for maybe one or at most two others (who I probably know). I just won a '76 Jodon He-Ne against 5 other bidders though, and was surprised to see the price climbing in the last few seconds. I wonder if my evangelism is taking root?!?!?

Let me let you in on a little secret.... www.esnipe.com Cheap and highly effective. The key to ebay is to always bid at the last couple seconds. Premature bidding is just a waste of time and money.

Congrats on your win!

Sniping software's never been necessary, but I got this one with 3s to go. No match for the software, but I never bid earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    Sniping software's never been necessary, but I got this one with 3s to go. No match for the software, but I never bid earlier.
    Yeah, but it's so nice to just set and forget instead of waiting there clenching your mouse and sweating while every minute feels like an hour.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    ...instead of waiting there clenching your mouse and sweating while every minute feels like an hour.
    Ain't that half the fun...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Ain't that half the fun...
    Ha! Not for me... Besides, it's also good when you have to go somewhere and can't be glued to your computer when the auction is ending. That was my initial reason for going with the snipe program.

What was the model? I have an HN-1576.
    I know what I want and I know how to get it
    I want to destroy passersby! - Sex Pistols

HN-7 from what I could gather from the listing. Head about 25" long that looks just like yours. Handle on the side of the power supply and a key switch. I think the laser safety regulations came to being around 1975, that put mechanical shutters on pretty much all laser heads (until pointers, but you had a "momentary on" button on them ... until the Arctic made that a joke on a class 4 laser to boot, but I digress), and key switches and remote interlocks on the power supplies.