Thread: LW CS-500RGY mod?

Default LW CS-500RGY mod?

Alright so i just recently bought a new laserworld CS-500RGY laser and i was wondering if i could buy a blue laser module and just add it to this one, to make a rgb laser..

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolaley13 View Post
    Alright so i just recently bought a new laserworld CS-500RGY laser and i was wondering if i could buy a blue laser module and just add it to this one, to make a rgb laser..
    first you'll have to see if there is room for an off the self, then add mixing dichro, wire ILDA connector as needed and wa la RGB

open it up and post a picture of the guts
    leading in trailing technology

I found this old toppic but it's stops after the last answer.
    I have the same question, is it possible to mod a CS-500RGY laserworld laser to a RGB laser?
    Tomorrow i will open the unit and make some pictures from inside the laser. I know that there is space enough in the unit.

Here some pictures form inside of the lw CS-500RGY laser. You can see the big green laser and the 2 small red lasers.
    The question is: Is it possible to do a modification so than i can put an extra blue TTL laser inside, or may be is it possible to replace all the lasers form TTL to analoge?
    If yes, what can you advise me what kind of hardware i have to buy?

Thanks...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03696[1].jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	4.25 MB 
ID:	41604 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03697[1].jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	4.40 MB 
ID:	41605 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03698[1].jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	41606 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03699[1].jpg 
Size:	3.51 MB 
ID:	41607 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03700[1].jpg 
Size:	3.32 MB 
ID:	41608 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03701[1].jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	3.67 MB 
ID:	41609
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03702[1].jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	4.00 MB 
ID:	41610 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03703[1].jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	4.18 MB 
ID:	41611 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03704[1].jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	4.27 MB 
ID:	41612 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03706[1].jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	4.54 MB 
ID:	41613 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03707[1].jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	4.63 MB 
ID:	41614

Hi Firepeet

Well it looks like you have enough space to fit a Blue laser but you might have to move the R/G mount over a bit first to get the dichro mount in. As to parts required, Here's a list as far as I can work out (I may miss something):

Blue Laser module and driver
    Mount for laser module
    Adjustable dichro mount
    Pass Red/Green reflect Blue dichro
    Screws/washers/nuts to secure the above to the base plate (glue for the dichro to adjustable mount)
    Metal blocks to adjust the mount heights to line up the Blue beam with the Red and Green ones (as required)

Then it's just a case of drilling, mounting and gluing all the new hardware, connecting the Blue laser to the driver output and the driver input to the...Ah! There's the thing!

The CS-500RGY controller that has all the patterns stored on it will be setup to control RGY and if it does have a Blue output socket, it is more than likely disabled. This means you can only have RGB by direct ILDA control and if the ILDA setting on the controller doesn't re-enable the Blue socket, you will have to connect the Blue driver input directly to the ILDA breakout board.

As for analogue laser control, the RG driver is most likely TTL which would mean changing the Red and Green lasers and driver unit for analogue ones (the Blue you buy will be analogue too obviously). The pre-set patterns will have been programed as TTL so again ILDA is the only way you'll get analogue input.

For an easier alternative, you might want to consider an analogue RGB 'brick' module which would do away with the need for any other hardware and only require lining up with the galvo mirror as all the beam alignment is pre-set in the brick. Although I haven't seen any on the likes of ebay (TTL yes), they are likely to be a bit expensive in any case.

Hope that helps.
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!