Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone bought from eBay seller "pusch-electronics"

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    congratulations!
    Waiting for your more good news,tell us your experiment,enjoy with us.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    I'm selling those within the hour, the auction is one of the two I've been running this last ten days. I decided that the spend of money and effort needed to use those crystals wasn't one I wanted to try, and I had a sudden need of money for other things.

Zoof, what's that red like? Can you get an actual wavelength and power measurement? I'm interested in those because I think they use Rohm diodes. He bought at least 2000 of those so it seems likely enough.

Hey Doc,

I like the red.
    Beam diameter 5mm. Its just spills a tiny bit over the sides of my Raytrack scanner mirrors but nothing really bad. Beam gets nice and tight at around 5-10 m and matches the blue and green well at that distance although it is the smallest of the three. Great plus is that the beam is actually circular.

The wavelength, measured in the science class way with a diffraction grating, is 650nm. I measured my blue within 2nm so that is about the accuracy of the red measurement. So assuming 648nm best case. It was sold in the auction as 645nm. In this module, so says the description, the shorter wavelength (<650nm) is achieved cooling the diode with a TEC.

Can't measure the output power since I don't have a power meter.
    Power should be >100mW and I think Pusch is good for it.

If he's using the Rohm diodes he bought, they could do a lot more than 100 mW, so I guess he's being cautious because of the cooling, and getting increased brightness that way rather than risking overdrive. That's a big beam diameter, but again, maybe he's opting for wider beam for finer control of divergence to get the good far field beam profile you're getting. That might even be vital if they're not focussable, as TEC temperature change could defocus it easily. If a focus mechanism were provided to reach into a sealed case the cost might be a lot higher.

Any idea how cold that TEC is going?

I'm not planning on opening the unit to find out more about it's internals. Happy with the way it is and how much I know about it

How high will the Rohm diodes go? and what is their spec'd wavelength?

Pusch has a similar but 150mw module on ebay right now, just noticed it.

One of those (unsuccessful) auctions I mentioned in the buy/sell sub-forum has links to data sheets.

Just a word to let you know that my red from herr N. Pusch died within warranty period (1year) and got repaired quickly without a hassle. Good service from this seller!
    Beam is actually convergent like the one before and a bit more, resulting in a focal point around two meters from the apperture and a bigger spot on the wall at 6 meters than the previous unit but still comparable to blue and green dot size. Not sure yet how it will work out at a larger range.

cheers !