Thread: Early Light Show & Holography Group

Default Early Light Show & Holography Group

Just found a copy of the exhibit book Holoco produced to go along with the Light Fantastic holography and laser light show exhibit they did in 1977. It has classic pictures of Nick Phillips, John "Wiggy" Wolff and Anton Furst. I've been most familiar with the work of Nick Phillips who I first met in '82 at the Lake Forest conference. Recently however, I came across a very good account of Holoco via an interview with John Wolff, and now just read up on the tragically shortened life of Anton Furst (RIP).

Wiggy Wolff was the laserist for The Who Group, who with the other two started Holoco in the mid '70s to explore laser and holography applications with Who support. I'm really happy to have this little book in my collection. It represents a great early link between three art forms with three brilliant artists.

http://www.tpimagazine.com/Chronicle...ing_beams.html

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...52C1A967958260

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle6513267.ece

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Holoco.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	23733

Nice find Bob
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Good time to bump this old thread.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    Good time to bump this old thread.
    Indeed... I assume you saw the 'other' part of the article you ref'd here, that I stumbled-across? Funny, I never saw / noticed your earlier post, here... Thx for those other linx..

Great history / backstories, eh? If I had only-realized whom I was actually working with at the time... I would have asked a billion more questions...

Anyhoo, thx for the other Refs / article, Sire... Holography is my planned retirement-hobby...

ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    ...Holography is my planned retirement-hobby...
    You're obviously planning on a long retirement then Jon

It has to be said that Holography is the most time consuming, infuriating, but wholly satisfying hobby i've ever had
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    ..Holography is the most time consuming, infuriating, but wholly satisfying hobby...
    ..Sure you're not describing doing laser-shows for a "living"?

cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...