Thread: Help - Cubase SX3 Problems

Default Help - Cubase SX3 Problems

Hi all

I have Cubase SX3 working fine on an old Windows XP desktop computer. I use an external Roland edirol audio card (UA-25EX) and some active speakers.

I have just installed SX3 onto my Vista laptop and i've installed the Edirol USB audio card. However there appears to be a problem with getting the sound to output through the Edirol USB card.

I know the card is working fine from within Vista as I can direct any audio output through the card to the external speakers, the problem just seems to be with cubase.

I know that Cubase is receiving input from the keyboard as I can see the visual signs in cubase when a key is pressed. I've also selected the UA-25EX as the output option for VST instruments from within Cubase. Also, the metronome outputs just fine through the UA-25EX, so the problem is just with the VST instruments.

Any suggestions anyone?
    Last edited by Jem; 02-20-2011 at 07:38.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Sorted it now

Bah... I'm sadly just a novice with MIDI and I was misunderstanding how to patch the input from my MIDI keyboard through to a VST instrument. Once i'd got that clear in my head I got it sorted... With a lot of help from my pal Craig (Wiring Monkey)
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001