Thread: Kids with pointers

Laser Warning Kids with pointers

Last night when I was out walking I saw this kid playing with his laserpointer. Green shit. Some ebayshit. probably about 150 - 200mw ish. So. He pointed it at the skies wich is fine by me. Suddenly he points it at a dogs face and laughed. The owner of the dog was like "WTF kid!?". I ran after him, grabbed the pointer and crushed it with my foot. this kid was like 14 - 16 years old or so. In the age of should have known better. So he was like "I'm gonna tell my dad! etc etc."

The day after, his dad came to my house. And I explained him what his lad had been doing. Somewhat he got the idea when I asked him to stare into my 2w rgb in single beam. But it still took a great effort to explain a normal person that a 200mw laser is NOT a fucking toy. I guess that kid wont get a new pointer for a while...

It fucking annoys me every time I see adult people playing with those "pointers" or what to call them at partys etc. There is a reason we all use scanfailsafe etc protection if we do crowdscanning.

If you have a laserpointer and you point it at anything living when i am around. Make sure you can run faster than me!

Good job, you did the right thing.

1 down, 1 billion, 420 million, 360 thousand and forty two to go...
    This space for rent.

+1

I have been driving my car when I got a green beam in my face..
    I try to locate it, but as you know that is 99% impossible :\

maybe someday I find them...

I went over to a friend house Halloween weekend and there was a kid there shining a laser pointer every where.After being hit repeatedly I went over and talked to his dad.
    He tells me his son bought at a thrift shop in Myrtle Beach. He said they were laying in a basket at the check out counter counter with batteries in them.
    And the man selling then sold it to his son without checking with him first. he also told me it would light a match and burn leaves. After that I went back to the kid (still shining it all around and hitting people with it) and take and look at the warning label.

IT SAID <50mW Yea right this thing had to be 100 or more

after talking to the kid i come to find out
    He knows nothing about laser
    Nothing about laser safety
    He implied he shines it at aircraft
    And he refused to beleive that if the laser hits his eye it will cause eye damage

I realy hope that that laser was pPOT moded to be that powerful That way it will die soon and do us a favor.
    Last edited by Lazerman121; 02-22-2011 at 16:54.
    Lasers
    •405nm violet(blue-ray) laser-eBay I fixed it ya
    •473nm 10mW LSR473NL series blue laser module www.lasever.com review
    •488nm 5mW Novalux Protera DPSS Laboratory Unit
    •532nm 5mW green laser www.elitelasers.com
    •650nm 5mW red

A round of applause to you!.
    Thank you for dismantling his *toy*
    Shining it at a dog is not cool!
    Im the guardian of an awesome German Sheppard,& have been the caretaker of two others in the past.they have feelings,& do feel pain.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

I'm not sure crushing it was the best idea as things could have turned nasty or you might have been in trouble with the law yourself.

Personally, I'd have turned it over to the police along with an explanation. However, all ended well by the sounds of things.

What I can't understand though is how come you have such a pointer problem in the US?

The last time I saw a pointer was in a club 2 years ago. I've never seen one on the street at all and it must be about 10 years since I saw anything in the mainstream news bulletins about pointers.

There have been a few UK reports of the police helicopters having pointers aimed at them, which does generally get a police response (no surprise), and I have seen a few dickheads in clubs, but it does seem to be very much more a US thing.

Maybe because real lasers in clubs are somewhat less common over there due to all the paperwork needed.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    What I can't understand though is how come you have such a pointer problem in the US?

The last time I saw a pointer was in a club 2 years ago. I've never seen one on the street at all and it must be about 10 years since I saw anything in the mainstream news bulletins about pointers.
    I still think there is quite a big problem here in the UK!
    Around once every 2 weeks there would be a knob head in a club shining a fairly pokey green laser around. Most of them seem to go directly for peoples eyes!!
    And I was only in once a week so it could be much worse!

Another case: I was driving back one night and 4 knob heads were in an old Fiesta, the car in front; one on the back seat thought it most amusing to shine his red laser pen at me and in my eyes while I was driving...
    I felt like getting out at the traffic lights but I remembered 4 yobbos vs 'lil ol me probably wouldn't be the most intelligent call ever made.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -