Thread: 445 mix with 473

Default 445 mix with 473

Anybody come up with a good and reasonably priced solution. I have tried a couple of PBS cubes and not real happy with the losses.
    Anyone have a Dicro that will do it well?

Thanks
    Larry

I used a PBS cube with 5-10% losses, I'll try and think of the cube I used. I think it was laserwave blue coated cube. 445 reflected with almost not loss and 473 transmitted very well, but the 445 would transmit more then 50%. I ended up having to rotate my 445 module 90 degrees so it would reflect but in the end it was perfect. I do not like much loss, anything over 10% and I start to try and find an alternate solution.

Use a Laserwave PBS. Rob (Stanwax) built mine, he had the 473 passing straight through the cube with minimal losses.

To get a cube contact either (Rob) Stanwax or (Marc) Gottaluvlasers on this forum.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001