Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Introducing - The ILDA Gem

Hey guys, i got mine in friday, excellent piece of kit. thought i'd write you up a review.
    Here it is:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Gem-by-Stanwax

Pics will follow since my batteries went flat in the camera, so will extract pics tomorrow, when batteries are charged again, sorry...
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

It is here.

Thank you

Peace,
    dave

Lightbulb 3 Cheers for the ILDA Gem!

..so, first-off, this 'plug' is unsolicited, was not coerced, begged, bribed, or bamboozled-into.. Just ended-up being a true hero for a low-budget fx-shoot (..that still had to look like a million-bux, of course.. and the ILDA Gem made *very* quick-werk of it, and I thought I'd just share..

..So, it was, first, the 'quadrature output', which, at 30k fixed, made for a very-nice, stable / non-flickery 4-beam 'foundation', and it was easy for the DP to adjust his frame-rate to 'sync', and keep it looking, in-camera, how it did, to-eyes.. Not having to dick w/ software / PC, etc (even-though we did-have LD2K / and FB3, etc onsite, 'just in-case'..) meant there was more time avail. to play with the bounce-matrix / get it looking fairly decent, with 'minimum bounces' / mirrors (Not only did the Dir *not* want to to see ANY 'actual bounces' / mirrs, the places we could 'nest', out of line-of-sight', for the shots, were very limited..) And, even the first-pass didn't turn out too-bad..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLI_ATV_2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	46565 ..and, just had-to toss a little 445 in there for the 'Prince fans in da house'.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLI_ATV_P.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	46566

..but, since you never-know 'how things will change', once the Dir / DP get on-set / fill the space w/ cam's / lights, etc / start getting things framed-up, being able to, again, *not* mess w/ software, meant quicker-response time to adjust the matrix, as the Dir was looking, in-cam.. If he'd've had to wait for us to adjust 'hot beams', then move mirs / bounces, they would have likely bitched about the 'precious time ticking-away' with the talent, on-set, etc, etc..

..So, truly, the Gem-solution was a real-hero for the shoot.. And, having the 'quick dial-down / up' of the power, meant it was easy to both keep things Safe, and yet, 'back to full' when the DP hollared for it.. Then, we added a 'cross-grating', to make it look really '..You.. Shall.. Not.. PASS!!!'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLI_ATV_8.jpg 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	46567 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLI_ATV_4.jpg 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	46568 ..all from just One projector, w/ ~4.2 W of 637 Red, a handful of mirs and a X-grating.. Thanks, ILDA Gem!!

cheers, Rob..
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 03-10-2015 at 22:29. Reason: sp
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Good work Jon
    Glad the little fella came in useful

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk