Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing - The ILDA Gem

Default Introducing - The ILDA Gem

Ladies and Gentlemen I would like to present the latest Stanwax laser creation which it the ILDA Gem, a laser projector tool.
    Its a very simple device which allows you to test or work on a laser projector without having you PC and laser hardware set up. It has 3 slide switches corresponding to RGB modulation lines which switch between outputting full 5V to the mod lines or variable voltage from a pot. The full 5V is useful for power measurment purposes and the variable level is useful for when you are aligning or setting up a projector. To compliment this function there is an onboard generator that outputs a quadrature test pattern to the scanners at 18kpps.
    The unit is powered as shown in the image below by an included 25 way sub d that has a 2.5m lead with a USB A connector on the end. This allows you to power the device from a PC USB port of from a mains USB charger. These chargers are cheap and though not included with the ILDA Gem they will be sold as an accessory in UK Euro and US plug variants.
    If you prefer you can feed an ILDA signal into the ILDA in connector from your FB3 QM2000 etc and the device takes its power from the ILDA shutter signal. When an ILDA signal is applied the built in pattern generator becomes disabled and the projector takes its X/Y signal from the ILDA input to the board. That way you can run test patterns from your laser software and the slide switches and pots will continue to provide a signal to the modulation lines.
    If you use more than 3 colours you can use the solder bridges on the top edge of the board to duplicate RGB lines to the UD lines of the ILDA output allowing you to use these lines as well.
    The ILDA Gem will be available from early next week, I've just had the PCBs arrive today and I am waiting for a coupel of parts to arrive. As soon as its available it will appear in the Stanwax laser shop.
    Price is not fixed yet but it will be under £30 inc UK post and VAT
    Any questions please ask
    Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ildagem2.jpg  

ildagem1.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Argh ! Beat me to the draw....good job and very compact. Had my proto working well...only diff. between your unit and mine....the name.... the ILDA rainbow kit .....was to be internally powered via a 9v battery with option for Li-po cell. Top job there....
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

yeah mike I went through the motions of considering all sorts of power options from button cells to 9 volters (not in the Doc sense of the term) and various mains options. I figured this way was simple and cheap to do and give a fair bit of flexibility - also never having it run out of power was a must.
    All the best
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

@Gem: Lamb
    @9 volters: Chop

- There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    Argh ! Beat me to the draw....
    Yeah, me too.... Nice work though.
    Last edited by 300EVIL; 02-23-2011 at 19:37.

As I said on the telephonium device BobStan, yer can count me in matey

@ Diddy Dan - Chop? Lamb?

Your a Herring!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

I could have used one of these to test my scanners today - I'll have to keep my eye on the Stanwax laser store - another source of power are the mobile phone "emergency" rechargers that have a usb port on one end and a usb socket on the other. You charge it with your phones charger or pc, and when your phone runs flat when your out and about, you pull out the little battery pack, plug into the phone and it gives you an additional amount of talktime. I have one for the iphone, but you can get them for phones that use a regular usb to mini usb plug like the HTC phones etc.

Also any number of point and shoot camera's these days charge off usb, and their power packs would do the job nicely.

I think Roger's Profanisaurus needs to be included Sam's FAQ

I'll take one please Roberto.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Seems well placed on the most usefull laser projector tools competition :-) Good work. Will order one as soon as available.

Thanks for the comments chaps I will be building over the weekend and as long as my last part arrives I will begin sales of the Gem at the beginning of next week
    Rob