Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin livePRO

Default Pangolin livePRO

hey people!

recently purchased a copy fo LivePRO to go with my FB3 but the colour seems to be all messed up. even the ILDA test pattern in the settings menu seems to be not right...its not showing very much green and little red either...but they three colour levels are at 100% each..ive played around for 5 hours now and seem to be getting no where..

has anyone had such trobles? i thought i would ask you friendly mob on here before i email Bill.

have a good weekend!

Does it work better with Quickshow on the same FB3? Do you checked your zones, have you configured a Beam Attenuation Map to the zone you use, which you forgot to remove? Try to reset all the zones parameters first...

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Does it work better with Quickshow on the same FB3? Do you checked your zones, have you configured a Beam Attenuation Map to the zone you use, which you forgot to remove? Try to reset all the zones parameters first...
    heya cheers for the response
    yea QS works perfectly...i have tried all of the above and still isnt right...mmmm very confusing indeed!...

Go to Environment-->Configuration-->Output and check what the minimum points setting is set to. Try putting it to 200 or 300 if its higher than that and see what happens.

That said, the quickest route to a resolution will be to email Bill
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Strange, but at least that's not a hardware problem since it works with Quickshow. Though, Quickshow is outputting in a different way than Livepro, but I don't think a test pattern will be significantly different. Maybe can you put pictures of the same output with both softwares here?

Its quite easy to get LP and QS to do massively different things with an FB3 - trust me, I've had lots of comms with Bill about similar issues.

My last issue specifically was because minimum points was set to 600 in LP. This caused scanned output and targetted beams to be about 30% of the power of QS - so as you can see, one setting can make a lot of difference. Also, be aware that the minimum points slider in Projector Settings (just above the colour sliders) doesn't seem to have any function.

LP ans QS are quite different under the hood, QS being based on the beyond engine, so it could be that if your lasers are not good under modulation, LP might make the situation worse than QS does
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric View Post
    hey people!

recently purchased a copy fo LivePRO to go with my FB3 but the colour seems to be all messed up. even the ILDA test pattern in the settings menu seems to be not right...its not showing very much green and little red either...but they three colour levels are at 100% each..ive played around for 5 hours now and seem to be getting no where..

has anyone had such trobles? i thought i would ask you friendly mob on here before i email Bill.

have a good weekend!
    ]

Hmmm my simple advice.
    Do a reinstall of quickshow and livepro.
    you'll never know if it help

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Exclamation

Make sure you download and install the latest patches before contacting Pangolin.

Ya never know .......

hi peoples!

sorry for the dealyed response. (my net has been down for a bit)

but yeah i have taken all your advice but there problem persits...i might have to do a bit o trail and error and maybe see if anyone lives in my area or something...might suss a few of the laser companies in sydney and see if i can drop by their workshops or somthing...

thank you all

Do you have the latest version of Live Pro for FB3?

(Be aware there are different versions for the FB3 and QM).

The latest version for the FB3 is:

LivePro 2014 275 FB3.zip

I can't link you to it so you'll have to request a copy from Bill if you don't have it.